University of Dayton

Updated Sep 30, 2014

3.3

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Dayton.

The process was very long and I met every person possible. The 3rd interview is when I met 12 people in one day...and I was not even told ahead of time that was going to happen. Each interview had no less than 2 weeks between them with a total of 3 interviews...the first a phone screen that lasted less than 15 minutes and then 2 on site days. It was a frustrating process and the only reasoning given was that things take longer in higher education. All the core support people I would have worked with seemed like great people, but management was less than transparent. Money was never mentioned, so I assumed it was comparable to the salary requirements listed on my application. You know what happens when you assume. In comparison to the unnecessarily long interview portion...the offer portion goes much faster. To my surprise they barely do a background check and there is no drug test. Very Liberal environment I guess, but very disappointing as far as employment verification standards are concerned.

Interview Questions
    • So very standard in their questions...honestly it would have been easier to meet everyone at the same time in a panel interview instead of all the one on one's because everyone asked the same questions...tell us about yourself, why UD, what makes you think you are the person for the job...nothing new and very predictable. It made it easier, but a little on the boring side as well.   Answer Question

The pay was way less than expected with no room for negotiation. I was unable to make it work financially.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Dayton.

First had a phone interview that lasted about 20 -20 minutes. The phone interview was a group interview so it was a little hard to know who was talking. Then had an on-site interview. 1 hour with 2 staff people, then 2 faculty were brought in towards the end. The last interview was right after that interview with the chair/director.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward questions. nothing really hard. "how do you deal with difficult people?"   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Dayton.

This position on campus is basically determined by the supervisor whose research group you are in. As a graduate student, you may need to talk to the professor directly as an interview. Not like a commercial organization, the interview is pretty flexible.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to pursue a PhD? What is your interested area? What is your research or study plan?   Answer Question

Intramural Sports Official Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Dayton.

Just show up to the training its a student job

N/A

Admissions Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Dayton in July 2013.

submitted online applicaiton, shortly after I was called to schedule a phone interview. It was only thru my prompting did I learn it was a panel interview. The phone interview started by UD person stating "we have about 15 minutes to speak to you, today" ..not to mention I could hear at least on person on the panel texting during the interview ... they had already made up thier mind. 2nd time in 3-4 yrs appling for this job, they want young grads not long term employees

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Dayton.

Applied Online
    3 round interview process
    Final Round table interview

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best fit for the University of Dayton?   Answer Question
    Little negotiation

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Dayton.

Applied in early January, got a call in mid Feb for a phone interview the next week.
    Lasted about 15 minutes, asked me questions about "Why UD?" "What did you like most about the school," etc.

Still waiting to hear back, but it happened about a week ago, so probably not.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to this position?
      Why should we hire you?

Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Dayton in September 2011.

I applied through the University of Dayton's job website, and was contacted back in a timely manner by the hiring professor. He was very friendly and open about what the position would entail, and invited me to campus for further interviewing and discussion. Once hired, the human resources staff was incredibly helpful with making sure I got the most out of the benefits available to me.

Interview Questions
    • How much were you thinking for a salary.   View Answer
    I requested a much higher salary than my advisor could afford, and so he offered me exactly what he could afford.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Dayton in May 2010.

Online I submitted a resume as well as a cover letter. We then were called back to the office for interviews where we were asked about our experience as a student at the university.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Dayton in April 2010.

Interview with Chair if the department, with assistant Dean, with department as a whole. Teaching demonstration- took over someone's class for the day, tour of campus, taken out to lunch,

Interview Questions
    • What courses would you create in the future?   View Answer
    THere really wasn't one.