University of Delaware Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2014
Updated Aug 2, 2014

2.6

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at University of Delaware.

Skype interview with the head of department to get an idea about my research and teaching interests and my linguistic skills. I got an email exchange with some colleagues from the department about the courses I can teach and so on. The whole process was smooth and friendly.

Simple

IT Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Delaware.

I got the interview through on campus submission of the resume. The process took 3 days. I got an email to schedule and appointment. The interview was with the supervisor. Basic questions and prior experiences with technology, software based applications and IT support were asked including dealing with clients and customer satisfaction.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied with GRE scores and and all the necessary paperwork. Had an email conversation with my prospective supervisor. He was looking for an engineering type student and I was a perfect fit. After couple of days I got my offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • There was no question asked as my work was good enough for the professor to choose me.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

The interview included a presentation followed by lab visit and meeting with lab members.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Delaware in September 2012.

I worked as a student intern and was transitioned to a permanent position after 9 months. The interview was straight to the point as it was a skilled position. People are generally nice and interested in your own work as well.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at University of Delaware in November 2013.

The interview took a whole day. It can make a person very tired at the end of the day. So be prepared to keep smiling till the end!!

University of Delaware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Delaware in April 2012.

Apply to the program MS/Ph.D. during the fall or spring application cycles. Apply early! As for Interview process, MS students dont get interviewed. If you are selected, they extend the offer through email or phone call and invite you for a visit to the campus once you accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you pursuing a MS degree in Biology, and what do you want to do with it?   Answer Question
    No I did not try to negotiate, and I have heard from other students that there isn't much negotiating.

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at University of Delaware.

Needed reference. Several interview process regarding behavior questions

No negotiation

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Delaware in January 2012.

During the Skype interview, a couple of technical questions about my previous job were concerned, especially intellectual property-related issues because I have a lot of international patents. However, it never occurred an issue at all while I work as a postdoc at University of Delaware.

Interview Questions
    • I could not answer a couple of questions properly although I was confident but failed to deliver over the Skype interview. I sent a follow-up email to the hiring boss about my anxiety but it turned out to be a minor issue anyway.   Answer Question
    I asked for a raise and my hiring boss offered the upper limit. However, I could not get a relocation bonus.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I got the job without any interviews. The professor told to work with him and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Delaware? Contribute to the Community!