University of Delaware

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Student Assistant Interview

IT Student Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview Details – I got the interview through on campus submission of the resume. The process took 3 days. I got an email to schedule and appointment. The interview was with the supervisor. Basic questions and prior experiences with technology, software based applications and IT support were asked including dealing with clients and customer satisfaction.

Interview Question – Basic questions   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Delaware

Interview Details – I applied with GRE scores and and all the necessary paperwork. Had an email conversation with my prospective supervisor. He was looking for an engineering type student and I was a perfect fit. After couple of days I got my offer that I accepted.

Interview Question – There was no question asked as my work was good enough for the professor to choose me.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

Interviewed at University of Delaware

Interview Details – The interview included a presentation followed by lab visit and meeting with lab members.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Delaware in September 2012.

Interview Details – I worked as a student intern and was transitioned to a permanent position after 9 months. The interview was straight to the point as it was a skilled position. People are generally nice and interested in your own work as well.

Interview Question – What was a time where you failed and what did you do?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at University of Delaware in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took a whole day. It can make a person very tired at the end of the day. So be prepared to keep smiling till the end!!

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

University of Delaware Interview

University of Delaware
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Delaware in April 2012.

Interview Details – Apply to the program MS/Ph.D. during the fall or spring application cycles. Apply early! As for Interview process, MS students dont get interviewed. If you are selected, they extend the offer through email or phone call and invite you for a visit to the campus once you accept the offer.

Interview Question – Why are you pursuing a MS degree in Biology, and what do you want to do with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I did not try to negotiate, and I have heard from other students that there isn't much negotiating.

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview Details – Needed reference. Several interview process regarding behavior questions

Interview Question – Google online typical group and behavior questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Postdoctoral Researcher
Newark, DE

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Delaware in January 2012.

Interview Details – During the Skype interview, a couple of technical questions about my previous job were concerned, especially intellectual property-related issues because I have a lot of international patents. However, it never occurred an issue at all while I work as a postdoc at University of Delaware.

Interview Question – I could not answer a couple of questions properly although I was confident but failed to deliver over the Skype interview. I sent a follow-up email to the hiring boss about my anxiety but it turned out to be a minor issue anyway.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a raise and my hiring boss offered the upper limit. However, I could not get a relocation bonus.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at University of Delaware

Interview Details – I got the job without any interviews. The professor told to work with him and I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – Why do I need to hire you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II
Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at University of Delaware in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy pretty generic, I had been working in the position as a temp for 7 months

Negotiation Details – there was none

Worked for University of Delaware? Contribute to the Community!