University of Delaware Interview Questions in Newark, DE

Updated May 24, 2015

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in December 2014.

Interview

It is about 30min interview and the professor asked some question about the project on my resume.
    He asked easy questions and it was a very happy talk. I think the process depend on the professor individually. Hope everyone get funded.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE).

Interview

Process initially moved quickly. Communication prior to interview was via email and telephone. Phone interview lasted for around 20-30 minutes and consisted of 3 staff members from the Career Services Center. Within 2 weeks, I was contacted to schedule an on-campus interview but the date that they proposed wasn't for another month. The on-campus interview was a 3/4 day event. They paid for my hotel the night before, meals the night before and day of, and then my transportation also. The interview consisted of one-on-one interviews with some key campus partners, a group interview with the CSC staff, a brief tour, and one-on-ones with department leadership. I also had to give a brief presentation on a topic relevant to the position. The staff was very welcoming and the department is heading a great direction in terms of leadership and vision. The only downside was that after my on-campus interview, I was told that I would hear back from them in 1-2 weeks and it took a month for me to receive a phone call about the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you work to collaborate with other university departments who maybe do not want to work with you?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple and laid back after taking a course with the professor that I wanted to work for. Flexible hours but a lot is expected of you depending on the lab you choose.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in December 2012.

Interview

Just speak to any professor that is doing research

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in September 2012.

Interview

I worked as a student intern and was transitioned to a permanent position after 9 months. The interview was straight to the point as it was a skilled position. People are generally nice and interested in your own work as well.

University of Delaware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in April 2012.

Interview

Apply to the program MS/Ph.D. during the fall or spring application cycles. Apply early! As for Interview process, MS students dont get interviewed. If you are selected, they extend the offer through email or phone call and invite you for a visit to the campus once you accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you pursuing a MS degree in Biology, and what do you want to do with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No I did not try to negotiate, and I have heard from other students that there isn't much negotiating.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in January 2012.

Interview

During the Skype interview, a couple of technical questions about my previous job were concerned, especially intellectual property-related issues because I have a lot of international patents. However, it never occurred an issue at all while I work as a postdoc at University of Delaware.

Interview Questions

• I could not answer a couple of questions properly although I was confident but failed to deliver over the Skype interview. I sent a follow-up email to the hiring boss about my anxiety but it turned out to be a minor issue anyway.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a raise and my hiring boss offered the upper limit. However, I could not get a relocation bonus.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in July 2010.

Interview

Easy pretty generic, I had been working in the position as a temp for 7 months

Negotiation

there was none

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in June 2010.

Interview

The entire staff at UD was very welcoming and amicable. They asked your typical questions of why you want to work here, strengths/weaknesses, and past work experiences. If you make it to the final round they have a 5 hour interview process with an optional tour - take the tour! Two professional staff members take you out to lunch as well. All-in-all I left with a positive impression of the institution, staff and position

Interview Questions

• How would you describe who we -University of Delaware- is as as higher education institution?   1 Answer

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was professional but semi-informal. The principal investigator (PI) of the grant that funds my research was present, along with a fellow collaborator and a human resources representative. We met for about 45minutes and discussed how my previous experience would contribute to success in the new project. The PI contacted me the following week via email to unofficially offer me the position. Hiring was a breeze. UD has a process that they call "on-boarding". Its very fluid and they lead you through all the various HR hoops.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. Since my job is grant funded, the salary was previously set.