University of Denver

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Denver in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and had one in-person interview

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part-Time Lecturer Interview

Part-Time Lecturer
University of Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Denver in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went well, as I was already an adjunct at the university and I have the right blend of experience and practice. I had a phone interview, which they followed up on. I had a teaching presentation and met with the faculty. I had connections within the department and I was teaching at the school already.

Interview Question – There were none that were off-putting or unexpected, and my interview was collegial and straightforward. No drama.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not involved. Asked for a computer and some software and travel money. I got it all.

Writing Center Consultant Interview

Writing Center Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Denver in August 2012.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume and had an interview.

Negotiation Details – There was an established hourly wage.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Professor Interview

Associate Professor
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Denver.

Interview Details – Normal interview process. People are nice, but aloof. Quality of personnel varies considerably. Some are pretty good. Others would likely not find comparable employment elsewhere. Mismanagement leads to missed opportunities so most good personnel leave.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start-up was a little low, as resources are very constrained. They looked for people who had minimal needs.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Oracle Database Administrator
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at University of Denver in May 2009.

Interview Details – Very drawn out process. Team interviews. At one point I thought that the job had been filed and was read to move on to another job.

Manager Interview

Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at University of Denver in May 2011.

Interview Details – they are slow! Be prepared for a phone screen, an interview with HR, an interview with your team, then a final interview with upper management (associate dean, etc).

Interview Question – Stupid stock questions: the weakness question reared its ugly head again. You have my resume, education and excellent feedback from former employers; why ask stupid questions? How about we talk more about my skills and what I will bring to the job rather than your outdated questionnaire from the 1980s. Does asking me about my weaknesses really tell you anything except that I know you are not ever supposed to answer that question and you should be suspicious of companies that still ask that question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Awful-they tried to pay me 20K less than the former employee made for the same position. I asserted myself but still had to settle for a less than adequate salary (less than what they paid the last person). This place is notorious for underpaying. You should take advantage of their generous 401K matching, go to all seminars, conferences, events and lunches and get another degree to make the pay more decent.

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Denver.

Interview Details – I was called to set up a phone interview. This interview was with about 5 people who asked pre scripted questions, that I assume they asked all the candidates, it is a University after all and they have to adhere to strict guidelines so they don't get sued. One of the questions they asked was about what diversity and inclusive excellence meant to me so be sure you know that answer as it is in their motto. Other things they asked were regarding ethical situations and how I worked with a team.
Then I was called in for an in person interview. It was a full day long process where I met several people and they all asked pre-scripted questions again. You meet with people from different departments as well so do your research. You'll meet with the director and other student life people too.
After that they call and let you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Question – What does diversity and inclusive excellence mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one. Either you accept the pay or walk away.

Resident Director Interview

Resident Director
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Denver in January 2013.

Interview Details – It's all about behavior questions. I will be a PhD student at University of Denver on Gender studies, that's why I want to apply for this position. It takes about 1 hour, and meet with other co-worker after the interview. If is also asked about my education background and career background about residential education experience. I did not have that much of experience so far, so I felt I did not get the job, but still waiting for it.

Interview Question – Tell us about your experience on mediating a conflicts, and how to control a situation quickly   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Denver in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone interview that last about one hour. I was interviewed by two people who were wonderful and very easygoing.

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer

Content Manager Interview

Content Manager
Denver, CO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Denver in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System's Director of Marketing & Communications many months ago. The Director came off as incredibly arrogant and condescending. It was very obvious that my opinion on several questions was irrelevant, especially whenever my opinion differed from his. Overall, he did not seem like a pleasant person to work for (you could tell he thought very highly of himself), and I was glad that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What skills will you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Worked for University of Denver? Contribute to the Community!