University of Florida Interview Questions in Gainesville, FL

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Senior Biological Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Basically, I interviewed with Principle Investigators, and they were not trained HR people. So the questions were pretty basic and simple to answer. Most of the interviews were 1 on 1 - a couple I had met several people.

Extension Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I submitted an application, CV and letter of intent online. Later, I received a phone call from the District Extension Director who had some qualifying questions before notifying me I would receive an onsite interview. I attended a panel interview with county Extension agents via polycom plus had one-on-one interviews with the DED and IFAS administration in Gainesville. The onsite interview lasted 3+ hours.

Interview Questions

• There were situational questions tailored to the position for which I was applying and questions that focused on my educational philosophy.   Answer Question

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through posting. Coordinated a phone interview. Got offer the next day and accepted. Downside was zero training or annual calendar. I have gotten in trouble for not completing tasks that were not on my job listing

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a student in crisis? What is your experience with NERDC?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Given a problem & asked to write MATLAB code. Was given 2 weeks to submit. Had to read a paper and implement an algorithm. The paper was a well known one in the area of research.

Interview Questions

• Given a problem & asked to write MATLAB code   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

personal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth process personal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth processpersonal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

casual

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

As a student, I received notice of the job opening via an e-mail listserv. I completed the online application and a few days later received an e-mail from the research study Principal Investigator requesting a Skype interview since it was summer time and I was not back in town for school yet. I completed the Skype interview and was asked to come in for an in-person interview as soon as I returned for school. I was offered the job immediately after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience and what you learned when you worked at ______.   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I applied though the university's system online w/ a resume and pdf portfolio, received a call within days for an interview. The boss and her assistant were very friendly, asked appropriate questions about the work i presented. I also had to do a test project on site, spontaneous. They called me within a week or so to offer the position, assuming my background check cleared.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to recall some of the fonts i had used on certain projects.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your pay. They have a flexible range. Way easier to ask for higher pay to start now than it is to ask for raises later.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Worked as research assistant during graduate study and got hired directly after graduation

Interview Questions

• Not very hard, do research, read papers and carry out experiments, give weekly project updates   Answer Question

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

This was a transfer promotion from one department to another. The interview was formal and the there where 5 people interviewing. Very intense questioning.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a state of emergency with a full venue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any. They offered me the position and a higher wage percentage than expected.

IT Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I had one interview which lasted one and a half hours. The interviewer informed me that he would contact in a week either for another interview or to begin the job. He never did contact me and I attempt several times through both phone calls and email to reach him. I once spoke with a colleague of his and this man informed me that the hiring person was in a meeting with the board of directors about the job. I never heard back again from the University of Florida Engineering Department IT staff.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was what encryption device do I most likely like to use... Bench Mark was the device that the University uses most.   1 Answer