University of Florida Interview Questions in Gainesville, FL

2.7

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Florida.

I applied though the university's system online w/ a resume and pdf portfolio, received a call within days for an interview. The boss and her assistant were very friendly, asked appropriate questions about the work i presented. I also had to do a test project on site, spontaneous. They called me within a week or so to offer the position, assuming my background check cleared.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to recall some of the fonts i had used on certain projects.   View Answer
    Negotiate your pay. They have a flexible range. Way easier to ask for higher pay to start now than it is to ask for raises later.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Florida in March 2013.

Initially after getting shortlisted, I was asked to give an online test for a simple logic based program. After the test which was time critical, manager asked me for the interview time and requested me to bring code samples.

Interview Questions
    • most questions were based on experience and what best practices did I follow,   Answer Question
    no negotiations done

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Florida in August 2012.

I got the job based on previous customer service experience.

Interview Questions
    • It was a laid-back experience because they were in the need of someone and I was looking for a job. One tip I'd give is make sure you have previous experience or you can get the job (if there's an opening) through a friend who's already a DA.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations; it was expected that the job was minimum wage.

IT Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Florida in October 2013.

I had one interview which lasted one and a half hours. The interviewer informed me that he would contact in a week either for another interview or to begin the job. He never did contact me and I attempt several times through both phone calls and email to reach him. I once spoke with a colleague of his and this man informed me that the hiring person was in a meeting with the board of directors about the job. I never heard back again from the University of Florida Engineering Department IT staff.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was what encryption device do I most likely like to use... Bench Mark was the device that the University uses most.   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Florida.

Worked as research assistant during graduate study and got hired directly after graduation

Interview Questions
    • Not very hard, do research, read papers and carry out experiments, give weekly project updates   Answer Question

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Florida.

This was a transfer promotion from one department to another. The interview was formal and the there where 5 people interviewing. Very intense questioning.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a state of emergency with a full venue?   View Answer
    There wasn't any. They offered me the position and a higher wage percentage than expected.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Florida in August 2010.

Group interview and then individual interview with two RAs

Interview Questions
    • A difficult situation you had to deal with.Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question
    No negotiation

BIM Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at University of Florida in May 2013.

I applied for this part time position in the mid March, by the time I got a call for an interview in late May I had forgotten I'd even applied. This is to say the hiring process is long and drawn out. I came in for the interview and since this was a program specific job they asked me a few questions about using Revit. I brought my portfolio and work samples on my on fruition which is what got me the job. They waited another week before calling to confirm I got the job. It was another 2 weeks before I was in the system and approved to start work.

All in all, it was a very drawn out process and even more so because it was just part time.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I thought were some limitations in the Revit software   View Answer
    When I came in for paperwork, they told me that with my experience they could pay me $15 an hour. For a part time job on campus as I was in school, this is about as good as you can get.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Florida in February 2011.

You should submit a application the university,then the professors and staff there will evaluate you materials. You will receive an offer if they think you are qualified. The overall requirement of UF is median, not too difficult. Also, you may contact with the professor asking if there is opening RA positions.

OPS Secretarial/Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Florida in February 2013.

It was stressful and I think unfair. Given a test on the computer and not able to search for any information. You were stress and wrong answers counted against you.

Interview Questions
    • Reading and Writing and testing on Excel and Word Documents and Grammar for a Receptionist Position.   View Answer

Worked for University of Florida? Contribute to the Community!