University of Florida

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Graphic Design Interview

Senior Graphic Design
Gainesville, FL

I applied online and interviewed at University of Florida.

Interview Details – I applied though the university's system online w/ a resume and pdf portfolio, received a call within days for an interview. The boss and her assistant were very friendly, asked appropriate questions about the work i presented. I also had to do a test project on site, spontaneous. They called me within a week or so to offer the position, assuming my background check cleared.

Interview Question – I was asked to recall some of the fonts i had used on certain projects.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your pay. They have a flexible range. Way easier to ask for higher pay to start now than it is to ask for raises later.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Florida in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initially after getting shortlisted, I was asked to give an online test for a simple logic based program. After the test which was time critical, manager asked me for the interview time and requested me to bring code samples.

Interview Question – most questions were based on experience and what best practices did I follow,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations done

Desk Assistant Interview

Desk Assistant
Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Florida in August 2012.

Interview Details – I got the job based on previous customer service experience.

Interview Question – It was a laid-back experience because they were in the need of someone and I was looking for a job. One tip I'd give is make sure you have previous experience or you can get the job (if there's an opening) through a friend who's already a DA.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations; it was expected that the job was minimum wage.

IT Expert Interview

IT Expert
Gainesville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Florida in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview which lasted one and a half hours. The interviewer informed me that he would contact in a week either for another interview or to begin the job. He never did contact me and I attempt several times through both phone calls and email to reach him. I once spoke with a colleague of his and this man informed me that the hiring person was in a meeting with the board of directors about the job. I never heard back again from the University of Florida Engineering Department IT staff.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was what encryption device do I most likely like to use... Bench Mark was the device that the University uses most.   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Florida.

Interview Details – Worked as research assistant during graduate study and got hired directly after graduation

Interview Question – Not very hard, do research, read papers and carry out experiments, give weekly project updates   Answer Question

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Assistant Business Manager
Gainesville, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Florida.

Interview Details – This was a transfer promotion from one department to another. The interview was formal and the there where 5 people interviewing. Very intense questioning.

Interview Question – What would you do in a state of emergency with a full venue?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. They offered me the position and a higher wage percentage than expected.

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant
Gainesville, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Florida in August 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview and then individual interview with two RAs

Interview Question – A difficult situation you had to deal with.Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

BIM Expert Interview

BIM Expert
Gainesville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at University of Florida in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this part time position in the mid March, by the time I got a call for an interview in late May I had forgotten I'd even applied. This is to say the hiring process is long and drawn out. I came in for the interview and since this was a program specific job they asked me a few questions about using Revit. I brought my portfolio and work samples on my on fruition which is what got me the job. They waited another week before calling to confirm I got the job. It was another 2 weeks before I was in the system and approved to start work.

All in all, it was a very drawn out process and even more so because it was just part time.

Interview Question – They asked what I thought were some limitations in the Revit software   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When I came in for paperwork, they told me that with my experience they could pay me $15 an hour. For a part time job on campus as I was in school, this is about as good as you can get.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Gainesville, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Florida in February 2011.

Interview Details – You should submit a application the university,then the professors and staff there will evaluate you materials. You will receive an offer if they think you are qualified. The overall requirement of UF is median, not too difficult. Also, you may contact with the professor asking if there is opening RA positions.

Interview Question – GRE, Tofel   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

OPS Secretarial/Clerical Interview

OPS Secretarial/Clerical
Gainesville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Florida in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was stressful and I think unfair. Given a test on the computer and not able to search for any information. You were stress and wrong answers counted against you.

Interview Question – Reading and Writing and testing on Excel and Word Documents and Grammar for a Receptionist Position.   View Answer

Worked for University of Florida? Contribute to the Community!