University of Florida

2.7

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Florida in September 2014.

personal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth process personal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth processpersonal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth process

casual

Senior Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Florida.

I applied though the university's system online w/ a resume and pdf portfolio, received a call within days for an interview. The boss and her assistant were very friendly, asked appropriate questions about the work i presented. I also had to do a test project on site, spontaneous. They called me within a week or so to offer the position, assuming my background check cleared.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to recall some of the fonts i had used on certain projects.   View Answer
    Negotiate your pay. They have a flexible range. Way easier to ask for higher pay to start now than it is to ask for raises later.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Florida.

Worked as research assistant during graduate study and got hired directly after graduation

Interview Questions
    • Not very hard, do research, read papers and carry out experiments, give weekly project updates   Answer Question

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of Florida.

This was a transfer promotion from one department to another. The interview was formal and the there where 5 people interviewing. Very intense questioning.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a state of emergency with a full venue?   View Answer
    There wasn't any. They offered me the position and a higher wage percentage than expected.

IT Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Florida in October 2013.

I had one interview which lasted one and a half hours. The interviewer informed me that he would contact in a week either for another interview or to begin the job. He never did contact me and I attempt several times through both phone calls and email to reach him. I once spoke with a colleague of his and this man informed me that the hiring person was in a meeting with the board of directors about the job. I never heard back again from the University of Florida Engineering Department IT staff.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was what encryption device do I most likely like to use... Bench Mark was the device that the University uses most.   View Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Florida.

Found an advisor. Applied to an NSF-IGERT fellowship. Applied to the department of my choice. Made appointments and met all of the professors involved in the NSF-IGERT, as well as the head of the department. I suppose that all of this made up for the interview process, as I did not interview formally for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just talked about my research interests. Very informal and non-intimidating.   Answer Question

Operations At the O'Connell Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Florida in July 2013.

Pretty straightforward. Applied online and then got called for an interview on campus. Got interviewed by two supervisors at the same. Behavioral interview looking at your leadership skills. Provide information of your participation in school organizations. Talk about how you work in your team projects.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you a team member was not cooperating.   Answer Question
    Non existent.

BIM Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Florida in May 2013.

I applied for this part time position in the mid March, by the time I got a call for an interview in late May I had forgotten I'd even applied. This is to say the hiring process is long and drawn out. I came in for the interview and since this was a program specific job they asked me a few questions about using Revit. I brought my portfolio and work samples on my on fruition which is what got me the job. They waited another week before calling to confirm I got the job. It was another 2 weeks before I was in the system and approved to start work.

All in all, it was a very drawn out process and even more so because it was just part time.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I thought were some limitations in the Revit software   View Answer
    When I came in for paperwork, they told me that with my experience they could pay me $15 an hour. For a part time job on campus as I was in school, this is about as good as you can get.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Florida in April 2013.

I had sent him a mail. He called me , had a short discussion with me and then walked me through the entire work and hired me.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Florida in March 2013.

Initially after getting shortlisted, I was asked to give an online test for a simple logic based program. After the test which was time critical, manager asked me for the interview time and requested me to bring code samples.

Interview Questions
    • most questions were based on experience and what best practices did I follow,   Answer Question
    no negotiations done