University of Florida

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.5

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

The usual. Interview process. Was called for interview and was asked to select a time slot. Was nervous but the interviewer made me feel at home and asked me basic questions and I was offered the job.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Florida.

I contacted this particular principle investigator through an annual scientific conference. They had a process to connect soon-to-be graduates with prospective employers. After returning home (I still had to defend my thesis) the employer invited me to come visit his his lab and the University. He paid all expenses. We seemed to get on well and he was very excited about the prospect of my coming to work there. he made it clear I was the top candidate. In short, he promised me the moon. It all sounded very good, but i had a tiny voice in my head telling he might be crazy. Against my better instincts, I took the job, moved myself and my family and proceeded to live in 2 years of hell. I was young and naive. the most I took away from this position was the ability to deal with extremely difficult people. He was a very intelligent and technically skillful man and I did learn a lot from him, but in the end, it was a miserable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   View Answer
    Brief. I declined healthcare (because I had it through my spouse) in order to get a couple thousand more in salary.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Florida in September 2014.

personal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth process personal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth processpersonal discussion on experience in web developer and very casual discussion on how that experience enhanced your knowledge and helped you in your career growth process

casual

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Florida in August 2014.

The process took one week.The professor sent me an email asking if i was interested in been a teaching assistance for his class.

Recruitment Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Florida.

The process a fast especially several people applied to the position. For this particular process, I applied and one week later I received a phone call for an interview. The interview was with the hiring manager, and I was able to get a sense of the hiring manager along with the team. The culture for higher education is different from private sector, but I did get a sense of the team I will be working with and I was looking forward to it. The hiring manager was very friend and really made me felt at ease.

Interview Questions
    They were open to negotiation but due to their budget, they were not able to move much in the salary realm.

Student Assistant Interview

Apply through the O'Connell website . After some time they'll shortlist you from your submitted resume and schedule an interview. One round interview process and it is very easy to get through it as the questions are normal behavioral ones. Always mention things like customer satisfaction and exceeding expectation kind of stuff on your resume or description.

Senior Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Florida.

I applied though the university's system online w/ a resume and pdf portfolio, received a call within days for an interview. The boss and her assistant were very friendly, asked appropriate questions about the work i presented. I also had to do a test project on site, spontaneous. They called me within a week or so to offer the position, assuming my background check cleared.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to recall some of the fonts i had used on certain projects.   View Answer
    Negotiate your pay. They have a flexible range. Way easier to ask for higher pay to start now than it is to ask for raises later.

Research Assistant Interview

Did a phone interview and face to face interview. Very laid back in the face to face ( they knew they wanted to offer the job).

Interview Questions
    • None, questions about research perceptions and how to handle bad days/patients   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate with added experience and degree

Student Assistant Interview

Applied online didnt hear back for 6 months until their student assistant quit

Interview Questions
    • Do you know about the Co-Lab series the library puts on?   View Answer
    none part time job

Marketing Intern Interview

Simple interview process.
    Submitted CV ad resume via e-mail

Interview Questions
    • None were too unexpected. They did ask if I would give up involvement to take the job   Answer Question