University of Georgia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Athens, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Georgia in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted over the phone. i was essentially just called and offered the job. I was called before 5, and was asked to be at work the next morning at 7:30 along with my completed paperwork. The paperwork took a long time and they ended up giving me an additional 2 hours pay for completing it. It was a pretty easy process.

Interview Question – Do you still want a job?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview Details – I was a current temp worker, former student worker, so the interview was very informal and more of a legal technicality than a real interview.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to be here?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant
Athens, GA

I applied online and interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview Details – The interviews were all day long and the questions were very general. Not really sure how they picked the best candidates. The multitude of people made the interviews very intimidating.

Interview Question – What are your ideas for bridging the gaps between students on halls that do not get along?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Georgia in July 2011.

Interview Details – Work Study - The State Botanical Garden of Georgia Applied online after being approved for a federal work study grant. They asked a few basic questions about my high school involvement, college and career goals and gardening/environmental interests. They got back to me within several days and have been wonderful ever since.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations - Federal Work Study mandates number of hours and pay rate (minimum wage.)

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate
Athens, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview Details – Got called by the front desk manager (Simone) and asked to come in. I waited for her by the desk for about 15 minutes and then we went in and sat down in the side lobby area (hill atrium) and talked for about forty-five minutes or so. Very relaxed, Simone is extremely nice.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had trouble with a customer and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simone asked what I was expecting for pay and I explained my minimum which was above what I got. She said it was mandatory that I get minimum wage but in the next six months I would get a significant raise as long as I worked hard. I did not.

Research Professional Interview

Research Professional

Interviewed at University of Georgia

Interview Details – It was a phone interview.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview Details – talk with the professor, do some research show your own capacity

Interview Question – they should have fund   Answer Question

Student Worker - Video Editor/Multimedia Producer Interview

Student Worker - Video Editor/Multimedia Producer
Athens, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Georgia in August 2011.

Interview Details – Encountered Geof Gilland (current supervisor) during film project. Inquired about opportunities in video and media at the university. Informed of open student worker position. Ask to describe the processes and handling of Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Sony HDV XDCAM camera, video equipment set up and break down.

Interview Question – Describing the different uses of XDCAM discs compared with memory cards and DV tapes, describing different uses and reasons for video equipment (tripods, lenses, cleaning, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a position on the spot, payment is decided entirely by the university. Negotiating payment is difficult because it's based on the university's current budget

Student Culinary Interview

Student Culinary

Interviewed at University of Georgia

Interview Details – For a student worker, none. You submit your schedule and a short online form, and they get back to you in a few months with a position. For a student culinary, you must have already been working at a dining hall for a few months to get experience. You fill out a short form. There is no interview, but you may be denied the position because of inexperience/no openings in the shop you want.

Negotiation Details – None. You get what you get.

Desk Assistant Interview

Desk Assistant
Athens, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Georgia in February 2011.

Interview Details – very easy, it is just hard to get an opening

Interview Question – none, it is going to come down to the hours available   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none 7.25 for everyone cant work more then 20 hours a week

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Georgia

Worked for University of Georgia? Contribute to the Community!