University of Georgia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.0

Research Professional III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Georgia.

Took about two months from submission of resume to call for interview. Had the interview and was offered the position within 24 hours. Interview was a panel interview with eight other members of the staff, and covered every possible angle of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Theoretical question on how to handle a research project within the college that was not actually part of the job description.   Answer Question
    Received offer, countered at $6K higher, was accepted and ran through HR. HR approval took two weeks, start date was a week later.

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Georgia.

About 3 hours long of both oral and written interviews. There are usually a lot of people who you will compete for a position. Make the most of it. Be yourself and be confident.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Georgia in May 2012.

The hiring and interview process were perfect. They didn't make me jump through many hurdles, and it overall was a great experience in interviewing all the same. One of my professors reached out to the hiring office with a recommendation for me, and the hiring office was quite quick and responsive to my emails with inquiries. The hiring managers had a great attention to student service!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. It was really a straight-forward interview process. They had my resume and asked questions based off of information on my resume. It was overall a quick process, and I was very grateful for the job!   Answer Question
    n/a, it was a Graduate Assistantship. So there was a set pay for part time work (15hours/week for about $1300 per month) plus free tuition.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Georgia in May 2011.

The interview was conducted over the phone. i was essentially just called and offered the job. I was called before 5, and was asked to be at work the next morning at 7:30 along with my completed paperwork. The paperwork took a long time and they ended up giving me an additional 2 hours pay for completing it. It was a pretty easy process.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Georgia.

I was a current temp worker, former student worker, so the interview was very informal and more of a legal technicality than a real interview.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online - interviewed at University of Georgia.

The interviews were all day long and the questions were very general. Not really sure how they picked the best candidates. The multitude of people made the interviews very intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • What are your ideas for bridging the gaps between students on halls that do not get along?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Georgia in July 2011.

Work Study - The State Botanical Garden of Georgia Applied online after being approved for a federal work study grant. They asked a few basic questions about my high school involvement, college and career goals and gardening/environmental interests. They got back to me within several days and have been wonderful ever since.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - Federal Work Study mandates number of hours and pay rate (minimum wage.)

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Georgia.

Got called by the front desk manager (Simone) and asked to come in. I waited for her by the desk for about 15 minutes and then we went in and sat down in the side lobby area (hill atrium) and talked for about forty-five minutes or so. Very relaxed, Simone is extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had trouble with a customer and how did you resolve it?   View Answer
    Simone asked what I was expecting for pay and I explained my minimum which was above what I got. She said it was mandatory that I get minimum wage but in the next six months I would get a significant raise as long as I worked hard. I did not.

Research Professional Interview

It was a phone interview.

no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at University of Georgia.

talk with the professor, do some research show your own capacity

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Georgia? Contribute to the Community!