University of Georgia

Updated Oct 22, 2014

1.9

Student Assistant - Maps and Government Library Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Georgia.

I applied through DAWG link and they notified me by phone to schedule an interview. Most questions were pretty basic. The person interviewing you went down a list of very general questions. Mostly asked about your schedule, what previous work experience you held, how you work with/without supervision, what major are you and why. They talked about what they expect of you at work, just general guidelines you have to follow. Very simple.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online – interviewed at University of Georgia.

I only had a phone call, where my prospective boss basically used the time to sell me the job rather than have me answer too many questions, so it was rather unconventional. I was applying from a different country so I'm sure that if I were there I would have had to attend an interview in person.

Non-negotiable

Research Professional III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Georgia.

Took about two months from submission of resume to call for interview. Had the interview and was offered the position within 24 hours. Interview was a panel interview with eight other members of the staff, and covered every possible angle of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Theoretical question on how to handle a research project within the college that was not actually part of the job description.   Answer Question
    Received offer, countered at $6K higher, was accepted and ran through HR. HR approval took two weeks, start date was a week later.

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Georgia.

About 3 hours long of both oral and written interviews. There are usually a lot of people who you will compete for a position. Make the most of it. Be yourself and be confident.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Georgia.

I was a current temp worker, former student worker, so the interview was very informal and more of a legal technicality than a real interview.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online – interviewed at University of Georgia.

The interviews were all day long and the questions were very general. Not really sure how they picked the best candidates. The multitude of people made the interviews very intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • What are your ideas for bridging the gaps between students on halls that do not get along?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Georgia.

Got called by the front desk manager (Simone) and asked to come in. I waited for her by the desk for about 15 minutes and then we went in and sat down in the side lobby area (hill atrium) and talked for about forty-five minutes or so. Very relaxed, Simone is extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had trouble with a customer and how did you resolve it?   View Answer
    Simone asked what I was expecting for pay and I explained my minimum which was above what I got. She said it was mandatory that I get minimum wage but in the next six months I would get a significant raise as long as I worked hard. I did not.

Research Professional Interview

It was a phone interview.

no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Georgia.

talk with the professor, do some research show your own capacity

Student Culinary Interview

For a student worker, none. You submit your schedule and a short online form, and they get back to you in a few months with a position. For a student culinary, you must have already been working at a dining hall for a few months to get experience. You fill out a short form. There is no interview, but you may be denied the position because of inexperience/no openings in the shop you want.

None. You get what you get.