University of Glasgow Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Glasgow

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Glasgow (Portland, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

45 minute interview over skype

Interview Questions

• Nothing, it was really fairly typical and terms of my background, why glasgow and how I would apply my research interest to Glasgow   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation - these posts are very structured in terms of funding and benefits.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Glasgow.

Interview

Detailed online application. The job ad had a list of person characteristics and I was asked to address each one of them separately in the application. The same questions were asked during the interview. the process was fast but they do not offer a phone or skype interview if you cannot attend.

Interview Questions

• Very basic competencies based interview. Was asked to deliver a presentation on 'In Uni sometimes learning to learn is more important than learning a subject'. The presentation was to be addressed to a 1st year student audience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Fixed contract and salary

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Glasgow.

Interview

Interviewing for Research Associate positions will be conducted largely by the principal investigator / professor you are likely to be working directly for. As such all interviews are likely to be rather different depending on the style and interests of that professor.

I had 1 informal interview (1 on 1) and 1 formal interview (small panel) which included a small coding test (relevant for my field) before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Expect to be asked about previous projects and previous experiences etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are fixed by HR as the University adheres to union salary scales. Very little negotiation is possible.

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

all email based... online submission of application 3 panel interview.

Interview Questions

• some detailed technical questioning around what particular middleware solutions would be suitable for particular projects...   Answer Question