University of Greenwich

University of Greenwich Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Greenwich

Week One Events Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Greenwich.

Found the job through the university's online job shop to which I filled out a fairly standard application form and waited. I was then sent a email a couple of weeks later inviting me to an interview. The interview was a group interview in which we were asked about our knowledge of the university and if we had a prior experience in open days/ events.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Greenwich in January 2010.

It was an vancancy put up on the university homepage. The Job was about Lbrarian assistant on the weekend. The interview was with head librarian of the Library. It consistet of an online application with covering letter and cv.

Visiting Lecturer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Greenwich in August 2009.

I was referred by another employee.
    I had a pre interview at the end of the academic year in which we discussed the university's needs for the upcoming academic year.
    I was interviewed informally first then invited back several months later, once there were clear openings for Visiting Lecturers.
    In addition to interviewing with the department heads there was quite a bit of very rigidly structutred paperwork to be filled out and submitted. This was however after the fact.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel you bring to teaching in higer education   Answer Question
    This is a public sector job and there are set pay scales so there was no flexibility on negotiation.