University of Greenwich

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Week One Events Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Greenwich.

Interview Details – Found the job through the university's online job shop to which I filled out a fairly standard application form and waited. I was then sent a email a couple of weeks later inviting me to an interview. The interview was a group interview in which we were asked about our knowledge of the university and if we had a prior experience in open days/ events.

Interview Question – What do you think the job entails?   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Greenwich in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was an vancancy put up on the university homepage. The Job was about Lbrarian assistant on the weekend. The interview was with head librarian of the Library. It consistet of an online application with covering letter and cv.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in working in the library?   View Answer
  • Do you have any experience in serving customers?   View Answer

Visiting Lecturer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Greenwich in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by another employee.
I had a pre interview at the end of the academic year in which we discussed the university's needs for the upcoming academic year.
I was interviewed informally first then invited back several months later, once there were clear openings for Visiting Lecturers.
In addition to interviewing with the department heads there was quite a bit of very rigidly structutred paperwork to be filled out and submitted. This was however after the fact.

Interview Question – What do you feel you bring to teaching in higer education   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a public sector job and there are set pay scales so there was no flexibility on negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Greenwich? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Greenwich interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Greenwich employees and interview candidates.