University of Guelph Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.2

Programmer Analyst Interview

2 main interviews. All the questions were very technical questions. Questions related to data structures, algorithms, and coding skills in different programming languages.

There were also question some questions related to how you would deal with certain scenarios like tight project deadline, or projects you do not have any previous experience in.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Resume and cover letter submitted, interview granted.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you were presented with a difficult customer, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Incoming Student Facilitator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Guelph.

Student Life is very into who you are as a person, as well as your past experiences (not necessarily work experiences). They ask behavioural questions, so be sure to pick examples that best reflect who you are and what you're about! Usually they give you the questions 5 minutes before the interview, so you can read them and be a bit more prepared for what they're going to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you have worked with diversity.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Guelph, ON (Canada)

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Guelph in July 2012.

behavioural and situational interview. Panel alternated in asking questions and explaining the culture of the company and department. Approximate time for interview was 2 hours. Explained Organizational chart and vision. I was very impressed with the process, and would be very excited to be offered the position with the University of Guelph

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Guelph in June 2011.

I was contact VIA phone then by email to come in for an interview.
    I was interviewed by 4 people in the Communication department. We were lead to a small board room where we all sat at a table for the interview process. It was difficult to consistently make eye contact with everyone since they were sat all around me.

They asked me a series of questions that they had laid out on sheets of paper, and as I answered they took notes.

I also showed them additional pieces of my portfolio that were not showcased on my website.

Interview Questions
    • You are presented with a blank, white page in the internet browser. Take us through the process of how you would troubleshoot this problem.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time you had difficultly getting along with another co-worker. How did you manage the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question
    • How much information do you need to get started on designing and creating a website?   Answer Question
    • What are some positive and negative things about your current job?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Guelph in December 2010.

When recruiting for new candidates they often post posters around the cafeterias at school. The posters were very vague and didn't say much so you would have to inquire more about the position with the given contact information. The interviewer has a very vibrant personality which is shown in her style. The interview was very general and I was asked the usual questions, such as talking about yourself, past experience, why you're interested in the position. They also talk more about what the position entails. After the interview they ask that you rate on a scale of 1-5 of various tasks that you would be interested in doing such as administrative, merchandising etc. They generally want people with marketing, merchandising experience as well as personality. It's a bonus if you know how to use various design programs since you'll be designing a fair amount of posters.