University of Hawai'i Interview Questions in Hawaii

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.5

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in July 2013.

Interview

Online school wide campus search engine makes finding employment easy. Just have resume ready and be willing to follow up with prospective employers. Be courteous and respectful and you should get far. The process is designed for students so nobody is looking for the next genius...

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in February 2012.

Interview

I saw a listing on SECE and responded to the ad via email as per the directions. It took over a month for her to respond, but saw my qualifications and basically offered me the job via email. I went in to meet the professor and she explained the details of what she wanted me to do for her and offered me the chance to decline or accept.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience looking up things in databases?   1 Answer
    • Can you use Excel?   1 Answer

Instructional and Student Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in January 2012.

Interview

Upon seeing the position announcement online and realizing that it was closing the next day, I immediately mailed in my cover letter and resume to ensure next day delivery. Two months later, I received a phone call from a member of the hiring department for a 60 minute interview the following month; it was around the holiday season. Of course, I accepted. During next month, I prepared for the interview by reflecting on my own experiences working with students and programs, as well as researching more about the department, their programs/students/staff, and the University. I also contacted those individuals who I knew who worked there for their insider's point of view. The phone interview was conducted by a committee of staff and students. It was kind of disorganized, but I didn't let that affected me. I was asked all kinds of questions from student development, developing strategic relationships, event planning, leadership, etc. I didn't realize it, but this was the only and one interview that was going to happen. I would ensure that whenever applying, you ask the hiring department about the selection process. If I had known this beforehand, I would have prepared a little bit differently and answered questions more fully. When interviewing, interview like it's the one and only one - some sound advice. A couple of weeks later when following up with my candidacy status, they asked for more references to be contacted, since they couldn't get in touch with those individuals on my original list. I know that they contacted these individuals same day. A week later, I received a letter in the mail saying that I would not move on in the process.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in July 2011.

Interview

I got an interview soon after I sent in my application. This student ambassador program is new and they were looking for students to fill up these positions. I spoke with the supervisor in her office for about 30 minutes. She asked me why I'm interested in the position and what I could offer to the office.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview was challenging. It is good to go well prepared by reading the information about the research projects.

Interview Questions

• When asked about specific questions relating to the research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, students do not have that privilege. We can given a certain pay scale based on work experience.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in November 2009.

Interview

phone interview. Talked about my previous experience, then talked about the PI's lab

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a listak in the lab, and how did you go about fixing the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, salaries are pretty muchset

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in June 2009.

Interview

Knowing someone who already works for the University really greases the gears. I assume they checked my resume but the interview was mostly a description of the courses I was going to be teaching.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you in a culturally and linguistically mixed classroom and how will you handle the communication issues that will arise from the mix?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. The budgets are all set the prior year and they are not flexible.