University of Hong Kong

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Hong Kong

Student Helper Interview

5 people in a group discussing about logistics, what would you do when you are with them to a popular shopping mall for a research, but there are so many people; Professor Luk did the interview himself, and in the end 4 of us got selected.

time of work

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Hong Kong.

interviewed twice
    process: depending on position and specialty, mine involved an essay writing and lots of questions asking for my values and visions. Of course, skills and experience are important as usual
    then sent you loads of materials to read in a short time before job started: but somehow useful though

basically no: it's set by the HR and finance sections of the uni that you cannot cimmunicate with

PhD Interview

There is a group interview. To introduce myself and followed by many questions, most questions are easy since they are related to projects listed in resume. However, since I am not proficient in every specific problems.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Hong Kong in April 2012.

They informed me about the interview on the phone. At the interview, I was given a written test. Then, I waited for about half an hour. Lastly, I was interviewed by two interviewers with a traditional interview format. The wait in between was quite boring, and I got to observe the working environment there and the employees at the workplace. The questions asked were the typical questions asked at an interview. Some specific questions about the job were also asked. The interviewers were the professors involved in the research projects. The receptionist and the interviewers did not show much emotion and seemed quite tired, since my interview took place late in the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • What are my strengths that would assist me in this job?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Hong Kong in March 2011.

First mental math like 10000000-111, and then some probability questions. One of them is the probality of rainy in Sunday and Saturday is 0.4. They are independent. As you to calculate the probability of neither rainy on saturday or Sunday. And then ask you abour whether do you have other offer or application.

Interview Questions
    • why don't you apply for further study as a research student.   View Answer

IT Summer Internship Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Hong Kong in March 2010.

First, all candidates are invited to have a test, in which all the questions and information are separatedly written on shuffled cards.

Then, you are going to have two one-by-one interviews. Each interviewed has a sheet of competency questions. Sometimes the interviewer talks about other things, such as the ITs in his department, and we are asked wheather interested in.