University of Hong Kong Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.6

Student Helper Interview

Interview

5 people in a group discussing about logistics, what would you do when you are with them to a popular shopping mall for a research, but there are so many people; Professor Luk did the interview himself, and in the end 4 of us got selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

time of work

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

basic background information, medical skills, master project or dissertation, any working or intern experience, and also will ask the publication of the professor…I think it was easy to get it, because there are many oppertunities…and the most important for u is to work for a good professor…

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Hong Kong.

Interview

interviewed twice
    process: depending on position and specialty, mine involved an essay writing and lots of questions asking for my values and visions. Of course, skills and experience are important as usual
    then sent you loads of materials to read in a short time before job started: but somehow useful though

Negotiation

basically no: it's set by the HR and finance sections of the uni that you cannot cimmunicate with

PhD Interview

Interview

There is a group interview. To introduce myself and followed by many questions, most questions are easy since they are related to projects listed in resume. However, since I am not proficient in every specific problems.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Hong Kong in April 2012.

Interview

They informed me about the interview on the phone. At the interview, I was given a written test. Then, I waited for about half an hour. Lastly, I was interviewed by two interviewers with a traditional interview format. The wait in between was quite boring, and I got to observe the working environment there and the employees at the workplace. The questions asked were the typical questions asked at an interview. Some specific questions about the job were also asked. The interviewers were the professors involved in the research projects. The receptionist and the interviewers did not show much emotion and seemed quite tired, since my interview took place late in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths that would assist me in this job?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Hong Kong in March 2011.

Interview

First mental math like 10000000-111, and then some probability questions. One of them is the probality of rainy in Sunday and Saturday is 0.4. They are independent. As you to calculate the probability of neither rainy on saturday or Sunday. And then ask you abour whether do you have other offer or application.

Interview Questions

• why don't you apply for further study as a research student.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Hong Kong in March 2010.

Interview

First, all candidates are invited to have a test, in which all the questions and information are separatedly written on shuffled cards.

Then, you are going to have two one-by-one interviews. Each interviewed has a sheet of competency questions. Sometimes the interviewer talks about other things, such as the ITs in his department, and we are asked wheather interested in.