University of Houston

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Houston in December 2010.

I saw the position advertised through a professional association. The closing date was that day so I took a chance and emailed the hiring manager about whether I should still apply since it was a sure bet that they already had a lot of applicants. The manager sent back an immediate reply that the department would welcome my application. Soon after I sent my resume and cover letter, I was invited for an interview cycle.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were standard behavior-based interview questions ("Tell us about a time when...") with a couple more hard-hitting questions about why I wanted to work at UH. One interviewer didn't seem satisfied with my responses and no matter what I said, she kept asking the same question but phrased slightly differently each time. I was starting to get frustrated but I stayed calm and later I found out that she recommended that I be hired.   Answer Question
No negotiation but the offer was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Houston

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Houston in October 2009.

Met with the Department Head and discussed the advantages of the position and how I could best perform the duties. It was important to have a clear view of where the program was and where it should be going. Specifics weren't needed just a clear plan for overall program growth. Networking was a key to getting into this interview.

Interview Questions
    In academia money is usually tight and negotiations were limited for pay. Consider other resources you may want... ie. office with window.