University of Houston-Clear Lake

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Houston-Clear Lake

Senior Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Houston-Clear Lake.

The interview was more like a casual conversation versus a typical one. Kind of odd but refreshing at the same time.

Skills test was and still is required, but it is very easy and the HR staff are great.

Interview Questions
    Absolutely no negotiation. Salaries here are very low and set in stone.

Enrollment Management Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Houston-Clear Lake.

If your resume gets selected it will be a 2 to 3 step process. First step will the phone interview, if you do well on the phone interview then you will be called to do an in person interview. For your in person interview, they will ask you to prepare a 5 to 10 minute presentation about the university admission process - basically they want you to act as if you are the EMC presenting to a group of prospective students. After your presentation, you will then have a Q&A interview with the committee and then there will be a one-on-one interview with your future direct supervisor. Generally there are about four members in the hiring committee, however, in the presentation portion all EMCs (your future co-workers/team members) are invited to sit in on the presentation, even if they are not on the hiring committee. The EMCs present will also be rating you on your presentation skills and will give the evaluation to the hiring committee.

Interview Questions
    • They will give you a few situational questions to see how you would act/react in a certain situation to prospective students, parents and even staff.   View Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Houston-Clear Lake in August 2013.

Simple processing. I just filled a TA application form. And later on, my adviser called me about my application. We met his office and asked several questions about subject and my teaching experiences. He would like to learn my dedication about the subject. I just played a positive role because this will my first teaching experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked that do I know subject or not? Asked several questions but they are general questions.   Answer Question
    not negotiate