University of Houston-Clear Lake

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at University of Houston-Clear Lake

Interview Details – GPA should be above 3. every semester they will accept applications. Based on recommendations and our GPA they gonna hire us. If you are TA for previous semester and performed well. You will be hired again for sure.

Interview Question – nothing. everything expected   Answer Question

Enrollment Management Counselor Interview

Enrollment Management Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Houston-Clear Lake.

Interview Details – If your resume gets selected it will be a 2 to 3 step process. First step will the phone interview, if you do well on the phone interview then you will be called to do an in person interview. For your in person interview, they will ask you to prepare a 5 to 10 minute presentation about the university admission process - basically they want you to act as if you are the EMC presenting to a group of prospective students. After your presentation, you will then have a Q&A interview with the committee and then there will be a one-on-one interview with your future direct supervisor. Generally there are about four members in the hiring committee, however, in the presentation portion all EMCs (your future co-workers/team members) are invited to sit in on the presentation, even if they are not on the hiring committee. The EMCs present will also be rating you on your presentation skills and will give the evaluation to the hiring committee.

Interview Question – They will give you a few situational questions to see how you would act/react in a certain situation to prospective students, parents and even staff.   View Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Houston-Clear Lake in August 2013.

Interview Details – Simple processing. I just filled a TA application form. And later on, my adviser called me about my application. We met his office and asked several questions about subject and my teaching experiences. He would like to learn my dedication about the subject. I just played a positive role because this will my first teaching experience.

Interview Question – They asked that do I know subject or not? Asked several questions but they are general questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Houston-Clear Lake? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Houston-Clear Lake interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Houston-Clear Lake employees and interview candidates.