University of Houston

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.5

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Houston.

Job talk and meeting with faculty. Gave a seminar met with the dean, discussed projects and programs I was interested in pursuing. Met with student group. Toured the city, Met with the Provost and departmental staff.

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Houston.

Straightforward Commensurate With Experience, Detailed, Knowledgeable Hiring Manager. Nice Environment, Informal 1-1. Respected Committee
    Nice & Friendly.

One Question:

What is the most difficult decision you have taken.

How do you define success?

Secretary II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Houston.

Interviewed by the Development department which consisted of the Development Officer and the Development Coordinator. Questions were based around secretarial duties and Microsoft programs. Getting on campus is a pain so I would suggest arriving thirty to forty minutes ahead so that you can find proper parking and the correct building. Know about the department you are applying for because you will be asked what do you like about the company/department.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. The test on the computer to test my skills for emailing, creating excel files, setting appointments was the most difficult part.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview process is straight forward. You are likely to have at least two interviews. If you find that you are unhappy with your graduate assistantship. I encourage you to explore other options. This can also be a strategy to gain experience in various areas.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure of your intentions in applying for the position. It is their ultimate goal to help prepare you for a future position. I would definite suggest applying for positions that relate to the professional position you want in the future.   View Answer
    Their is no negotiation phase.

Front Desk Assistant (Work-Study) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Houston in September 2014.

Applied on Cougar Pathway and was contacted about a week later came in for an in person interview with the Administration Leader to cover general questions about my resume and previous jobs. Next I was scheduled an interview with the Director of the Department and got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • When are you available to work?
      Are you familiar with Outlook?

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Student Worker Interview

They filter your resume, so by the time you get an interview, it's about what kind of relevant experience you have and how well you get along with your interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience do you have working in an office setting?   Answer Question
    none

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

The application comes along with the application to grad-school

Interview Questions
    • Usually TA is part of scholarship. They may ask if your English is qualified   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Usual conference, campus visit, drill.

Front Desk Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Houston.

I was asked several questions about behavior and personality. Also I was asked to submit two references from the previous employers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve the conflicts between two employees?   Answer Question

PhD Seeking Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Houston in March 2014.

via skype, two professors, they asked several questions like what area are you interested in? Why do you choose this university? Why do you choose this major? and then just introduce their program