University of Houston

University of Houston Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Houston.

At that time I already get into second round and wait for professors to pick, one Electromagnectic professor gave me an phone call and interviewed me ,all the process is basically free talk, the important question might be what is your GPA, what is your standing in class, How many courses have you take in Math or physics, what's your faverate area to research and study, future plan to research. basically free talk about your study and future plan,

Interview Questions
  • what are Maxwell equations ,told me about how did you understand them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Houston

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Houston in January 2014.

Note: this was at the law school. It was kind of a no-brainer, honestly, because I'd already taken two classes and knew the hiring professor well, plus I'd done well in his classes and made a point of being an active class participant. I don't know if he even interviewed anyone else, and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult question was determining when I could work for him amidst all my other myriad school responsibilities.   Answer Question

I got a better offer in the interim.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Houston.

good and amazing experience with University of Houston

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Houston.

Just try to talk with my current advisor, it's very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Houston in June 2010.

The Interview process was based on mostly past experience questions, such as what kind of research work have you done in the past.

Interview Questions
    • When was one example where you dealt with safety issues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Houston in February 2008.

For a PhD position there is no interview. Just take the toefl and gre or gmat. prepare your statement of purpose. collect all references. fill out online application. send out your materials. Phone to the secretary and follow up with your application. send emails to the faculty members and introduce yourself.