University of Idaho Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Idaho

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Idaho.

Interview

It was actually based on graduate school application process that is a very typical method and most schools follow. GPA, recommendation letters, past publications, and record of a successful research are needed. There is no one-to-one interview.

Granduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was a brief meeting with the future principal investigator. This meeting lasted approximately half an hour. Previous experience as well as the current laboratory projects were discussed. Overall, the objective was to see if I would fit in as a new graduate student.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this particular research?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in May 2009.

Interview

Interviewing as a Teaching Assistant was very straight forward. If you passed the course with a favorable grade and reputation with the staff, you are eligible to become a teaching assistant in a future semester. The professor and department submitted all necessary paperwork leaving you to focus on your responsibilities in the classroom.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned above, My grade and professor relationship in the course was my only step to gaining the position. I didn't have to answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The rates are fixed and not negotiable.

GIS Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Idaho in June 2012.

Interview

phone interview, followed by 1:1 interview and then a skills test.
    The human resources person gave me poor directions to office which was a 3 hour drive -- each way -- on my dime and because of the poor directions -- I was late -- not good !