Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of IdahoMore
- Accepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at University of Idaho.
It was actually based on graduate school application process that is a very typical method and most schools follow. GPA, recommendation letters, past publications, and record of a successful research are needed. There is no one-to-one interview.
- I didn't get to answer any questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in March 2011.
The interview was a brief meeting with the future principal investigator. This meeting lasted approximately half an hour. Previous experience as well as the current laboratory projects were discussed. Overall, the objective was to see if I would fit in as a new graduate student.
- Why are you interested in this particular research? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 days – interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in May 2009.
Interviewing as a Teaching Assistant was very straight forward. If you passed the course with a favorable grade and reputation with the staff, you are eligible to become a teaching assistant in a future semester. The professor and department submitted all necessary paperwork leaving you to focus on your responsibilities in the classroom.
- As mentioned above, My grade and professor relationship in the course was my only step to gaining the position. I didn't have to answer questions. Answer Question
The rates are fixed and not negotiable.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 days – interviewed at University of Idaho in June 2012.
phone interview, followed by 1:1 interview and then a skills test.
The human resources person gave me poor directions to office which was a 3 hour drive -- each way -- on my dime and because of the poor directions -- I was late -- not good !
- describe a problem you had with management Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review