University of Illinois Interview Questions

2.6

Event Support Staff Interview

Interview

Professional emails were the first line of weeding out. They filtered resumes. Phone interview and the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you diagnose/fix a black screen on an all-in-one desktop?
      What's DHCP?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Illinois in May 2013.

Interview

short interview. easy job description. ability to work in teams and independently. Need to have working knowledge of laboratory buffer and solution preparation. Upper level life science majors are perfect for this job. best job I've ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

To the point
    based on one's resume
    Computational skills a must
    Knowledge of R a great plus

Interview Questions

• How to create particular pipeline for human variant detection   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a on-site interview with the hiring manager. I was asked about the stuff on my resume and some behavior questions. I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things about you that are not on your resume   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Easy, just know what research position you are interviewing for and demonstrate your enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this field   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois in July 2010.

Interview

Process was VERY thorough and demanding, but definitely fair. My experience was the process moved rather slowly. The interview lasted an entire day but was VERY informational and and a great experience -- it involved interviewing with multiple people but I truly walked away with a great understanding of the team I would be working with and the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions

• Case scenarios relating to the position being applied for -- be ready to react on your feet -- they give scenarios and you are asked to respond how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Received a call asking me to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was fairly informal and relatively straight forward.

Interview Questions

• If you were a sandwich, what kind would you be? And why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, a per hour wage was given.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Received a letter to visit University of Illinois campus. Had a chance to meet other prospective graduate students, and other current graduate students. Had a couple of department activities including dinner and information regarding the program. Also had the opportunity to meet with 3 faculty members we were interested in working with.

Interview Questions

• Did not receive many questions. But had the opportunity to ask a few faculty about their laboratory research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Illinois.

Interview

serious employer - interview was thorough - friendly staff

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Illinois.

Interview

You go in and they ask you for your requirements, what you think about the job and what it entails, etc. The basic interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Friendly