University of Illinois Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

Event Support Staff Interview

Professional emails were the first line of weeding out. They filtered resumes. Phone interview and the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you diagnose/fix a black screen on an all-in-one desktop?
      What's DHCP?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Illinois in May 2013.

short interview. easy job description. ability to work in teams and independently. Need to have working knowledge of laboratory buffer and solution preparation. Upper level life science majors are perfect for this job. best job I've ever had.

N/A

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois in December 2012.

To the point
    based on one's resume
    Computational skills a must
    Knowledge of R a great plus

Interview Questions
    • How to create particular pipeline for human variant detection   View Answer
    No negotiation. Fixed pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Illinois in February 2012.

I had a on-site interview with the hiring manager. I was asked about the stuff on my resume and some behavior questions. I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three things about you that are not on your resume   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Illinois in February 2011.

Easy, just know what research position you are interviewing for and demonstrate your enthusiasm.

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois in July 2010.

Process was VERY thorough and demanding, but definitely fair. My experience was the process moved rather slowly. The interview lasted an entire day but was VERY informational and and a great experience -- it involved interviewing with multiple people but I truly walked away with a great understanding of the team I would be working with and the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Case scenarios relating to the position being applied for -- be ready to react on your feet -- they give scenarios and you are asked to respond how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Illinois in January 2010.

Received a call asking me to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was fairly informal and relatively straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a sandwich, what kind would you be? And why?   View Answer
    No, a per hour wage was given.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Illinois in May 2009.

Received a letter to visit University of Illinois campus. Had a chance to meet other prospective graduate students, and other current graduate students. Had a couple of department activities including dinner and information regarding the program. Also had the opportunity to meet with 3 faculty members we were interested in working with.

Interview Questions
    • Did not receive many questions. But had the opportunity to ask a few faculty about their laboratory research.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Illinois.

serious employer - interview was thorough - friendly staff

Tutor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Illinois.

You go in and they ask you for your requirements, what you think about the job and what it entails, etc. The basic interview process.

Friendly