University of Illinois at Chicago

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Applications Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago in February 2012.

I would like share one of my worst experience which happened in the hiring process at UOC.

I got three interview, one by the research assistants, then the head of dept and then the post doc in 3 weeks. I was offered the job of Programmer finally and they offered me salary that was very low compared to my expectation & market rate and so I asked them if they could increase it as I gave a average figure. To my surprise, the next I got email saying from hr that the funds which were to support the position are not enough right now as the the Prof didn't get enough funds than he expected.

I think this is very ridiculous reasoning and unprofessional on their side as I got he job offer letter. It was good that I didn't tell this to my current employer as I about to tell him. I felt nice that for god sake I am working with this bunch of craps.

Interview Questions
  • Give us your background about you and details regarding your current job, your interest.   Answer Question
As I said, its not bad to negotiate your salary. But in this particular case, they were unprofessional to judge me as they thought I wouldn't be committed as demand little bit more salary.