University of Illinois at Chicago Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.5

Course Systems and Technical Supportg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

The interview process took some time as the Institute looks into new resumes depending upon their need. I had applied in August and I got a call in the last week of September.
    The interview process was very smooth and precise.

It was completely related to my resume. The usual questions of Technical Support - computer troubleshooting, blackboard programming and usage, hard drive troubleshooting, HDD encryption, Network printer setup, Assembly of computers and new laptops etc.

Certain specific questions about behavior - a hypothetical situation of how I can resolve multiple issues, how I would tackle a problem given I don't know the remedy for the issue etc.

Interview Questions
    • Computer troubleshooting, Windows operating system questions, Cloud storage management, Programming in C, C++, Network printer installation and maintenance   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

Applied online. Received a invitation for interview. Interviewer asked personality questions and other work experience questions. Some knowledge based questions. The interview was really easy and nothing about questions regarding technical skill were coming from left field. Everything was straight forward.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

Two good two hour interviews with my boss over Skype. Postdoctoral Research Associate opportunities are often sent around researchers contacts lists and often aren't obviously visible online. Similarly I was refereed to this post by a Prof I know at another Chicago university. My process was a presentation of my previous work to date and then so chat about the type of science we wanted to do at UIC.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

1-1
    general questions
    finance related
    sas related
    teaching skills

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago in February 2014.

The initial communication from the hiring manager came quickly after submitting my application. I went through a Skype interview and at the end we set up a face to face interview in office. I was told to set aside three hours for the interview. The face to face interview was with all members of the department. I met with either one or two people at a time in 30 minute phases. They all seemed very pleasant and I could tell they were a tight knit group. The interview process took around two and half months, which was unexpected because of the time frame they laid out in the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What would a co-worker say is your best quality?   Answer Question

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

Interview process is an overnight stay (arrive for dinner with staff, student staff, and faculty staff), then interviews with various staff (Resident Directors through Director) until around 3PM. Decision really lies with Director, perhaps Assistant/Associate Director, and MAYBE Area Coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • Question about programming model - UIC does not have a program model, but instead desires residents to conduct programming after 6 weeks of intensive programming by student staff.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a very small raise in salary. Salary in Residence Life jobs, especially starter ones like Resident Director, is very inflexible.

Office Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago in August 2013.

Civil Service, must fill out application online and request an exam. Based on how you score on exam is where you go on list. You get a letter in the mail with your number on the list (1 or 200 - depends on amount of people applying). Then applications close.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Received phone call and letter and called and said "yes, I'll take it". Salary at the low end of the recommended pay bracket.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago in April 2013.

Manager asked professor to recommend candidates. Everyone got email from Professor. Followed up and got interview opportunity. Only one round. Manager, associate, and previous GA interviewed. Not so much questions, all behavioral based.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

The hiring and interview process began without incident, but did not end that way. Delayed pay and incorrect information led to repeated errors and issues. However, this is more the payroll and admin people than the actual interviewer.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

contact the professor whose research interests you, look over some of their publications, ask intelligent questions,
    be prepared to have a trial "volunteer" period where both you and the professor determine if it will be a good fit,
    try to negotiate stipend,
    make sure you have a timeline to graduation