University of Illinois at Chicago Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.5

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

it was straight forward. I was asked a few questions related to the research study. I was asked why i was interested in the position and how skills I am bringing to the table. I was also asked about my technical background and how it relates to the research study

Technical Services and Problem Solver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Epic to apply to the position. They found my resume through my then university's career center. I submit my resume and they then schedule me for a 30-minute phone interview. After that I was asked to take an online skills assessment test. They then invited me to go to on site interview. I have said interview tomorrow. Will see how it goes!

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was not to difficult. Apply for the position then go meet the professor if he replies to your email. Many professors will not reply to your email, I don't know why. They either don't check their email, are to lazy when it comes to reading or replying to emails, are just bad people in general, or some potentially valid excuse(doubtful).

Interview Questions

• Why you do you want to do research in this field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Course Systems and Technical Supportg Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process took some time as the Institute looks into new resumes depending upon their need. I had applied in August and I got a call in the last week of September. The interview process was very smooth and precise. It was completely related to my resume. The usual questions of Technical Support - computer troubleshooting, blackboard programming and usage, hard drive troubleshooting, HDD encryption, Network printer setup, Assembly of computers and new laptops etc. Certain specific questions about behavior - a hypothetical situation of how I can resolve multiple issues, how I would tackle a problem given I don't know the remedy for the issue etc.

Interview Questions

• Computer troubleshooting, Windows operating system questions, Cloud storage management, Programming in C, C++, Network printer installation and maintenance   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Received a invitation for interview. Interviewer asked personality questions and other work experience questions. Some knowledge based questions. The interview was really easy and nothing about questions regarding technical skill were coming from left field. Everything was straight forward.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two good two hour interviews with my boss over Skype. Postdoctoral Research Associate opportunities are often sent around researchers contacts lists and often aren't obviously visible online. Similarly I was refereed to this post by a Prof I know at another Chicago university. My process was a presentation of my previous work to date and then so chat about the type of science we wanted to do at UIC.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and then dropped email to the hiring department. Got a reply to the email and was called for the interview. The interview was taken by two people in the department and wasn't very hectic. they were kind hearted people and were asking about my experience in web technologies based on what i had written in the resume. they also asked me what makes me a good candidate for this job

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1-1 general questions finance related sas related teaching skills

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

The initial communication from the hiring manager came quickly after submitting my application. I went through a Skype interview and at the end we set up a face to face interview in office. I was told to set aside three hours for the interview. The face to face interview was with all members of the department. I met with either one or two people at a time in 30 minute phases. They all seemed very pleasant and I could tell they were a tight knit group. The interview process took around two and half months, which was unexpected because of the time frame they laid out in the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: What would a co-worker say is your best quality?   Answer Question

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process is an overnight stay (arrive for dinner with staff, student staff, and faculty staff), then interviews with various staff (Resident Directors through Director) until around 3PM. Decision really lies with Director, perhaps Assistant/Associate Director, and MAYBE Area Coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Question about programming model - UIC does not have a program model, but instead desires residents to conduct programming after 6 weeks of intensive programming by student staff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a very small raise in salary. Salary in Residence Life jobs, especially starter ones like Resident Director, is very inflexible.