University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

2.6

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Is very useful to know someone who can introduce you to the individual library's managing librarian. After that, I was introduced to my immediate boss, who managed the students working in the library.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in January 2014.

In my case, the interview was pretty easy. Just emailed to say I was interested in TAing the class after I received my final grade for the class. He then emailed all the qualified students saying that he was looking to hire TAs. I responded to this email, and he scheduled a time to meet with me and simply chat about my experience in his class. If you are really passionate about the material, the interview is no problem.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a simple chat, so there was no tricky question. Just be honest and explain why you care about the position/why you think you can succeed with the job.   Answer Question
    $10.00/hr is the regular hourly pay for all undergrad TA positions in the Computer Science department.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in August 2013.

I applied for consultant position through the website during summer break. I immediately got an interview request from IBC right after school started. There were two rounds of interviews. I took two weeks for two rounds of interview to process. First round is behavioral and second round is case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one time that you have to think of something creative to deal with something   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in May 2013.

Just took 1 hour techincal interview

not really. It was fixed

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

I applied to the graduate program in computer science. They reviewed my application and gave me admission with assistantship (RA or TA).

Nothing to negotiate.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in October 2012.

Working at the front office desk. Process was an application form in which included information needed such as previous experiences, recommendations, and also a interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe is a trait of yourself that will help you with your work.   Answer Question

I did not need the job

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in May 2012.

Number of Interviews: 1
    Method: Skype, after being accepted by department, that was the interview to be accepted into research group to be funded with tuition waiver and monthly salary
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Content: previous experiences in the related research area, honors, GPA

Interview Questions
    • How do your experiences make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in April 2012.

Great school to be at. I love everything about the school. I am in the school of business and even though it is challenging it is definitely worth it school of the opportunities the school gives you. Everyone on campus is a lot of fun. One of the more diverse campuses I've been too. The school also has great libraries. One of the most vast networks in the country.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in March 2012.

I submitted a research statement and cv. I was called for a phone interview, then offered a job. I followed up by speaking with current lab members to make sure the lab would be a good fit before accepting. I was surprised that the department didn't require an in person interview or a research presentation before offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected or necessarily difficult. They pertained mostly to my research experience, and the direction my research program was going.   Answer Question
    There was minimal negotiation for this position because it's a post-doctoral fellowship that is well established and offered to roughly 3-5 people per year.

Quant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in February 2012.

At first they start to ask some simple brain teaser problems, like probability questions, coin toss and so on. After that they start to ask questions related to finance, like pricing common options, black-scholes equations, and some stochastic calculus problems. Finally it is some coding questions, i do not have cs background, so basically they are simple algorithm questions. After that they ask about my research and projects.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between American and European options, what is time value.   View Answer
    • binary search tree, wht is the order   View Answer

Worked for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign? Contribute to the Community!