University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

www.uiuc.edu

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Engineering IT Student Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering IT Student Consultant Interview

Engineering IT Student Consultant
Champaign, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in November 2011.

Interview Details – a. I applied using an online hiring system.
b. Most of the communication was via e-mail.
c. After considering my resume, I was asked to interview.
d. The first interview was a social/behavioral interview. I was asked about my skills and strengths, but it was fairly general. I think being polite and friendly is what mattered here the most, and you had to show that you were capable of being professional and fitting in.
e. The second interview was a lot tougher. It was about my ability to handle hardware-related problems thrown at me. I think there idea was to try and crack me. But I kept trying and the interview actually lasted till I finally gave up. I guess they liked how I approached the situation, because I got hired.

Interview Question – What does UDP stand for? How is it different from what we use commonly today?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since it was my first job ever, and it was a University job, I pretty much was forced to accept the "standard" student rate. Unfortunately, that's pretty much set. Not much you can do here. The fact is that you are replaceable and so you can't ask for much until you've been working there for a while.

Worked for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign? Contribute to the Community!