University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Urbana, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in January 2014.

Interview Details – In my case, the interview was pretty easy. Just emailed to say I was interested in TAing the class after I received my final grade for the class. He then emailed all the qualified students saying that he was looking to hire TAs. I responded to this email, and he scheduled a time to meet with me and simply chat about my experience in his class. If you are really passionate about the material, the interview is no problem.

Interview Question – The interview was a simple chat, so there was no tricky question. Just be honest and explain why you care about the position/why you think you can succeed with the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $10.00/hr is the regular hourly pay for all undergrad TA positions in the Computer Science department.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Interview Details – it is guranteed, teaching assisstantship does not require special interview

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Interview Details – Very professional and laid back

Interview Question – Why are you applying to this job above any other   Answer Question

Research Programmer Interview

Research Programmer

I applied online and interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview Details – Applied online; Face to face interview; Recommendation Letters

Interview Question – Questions relevant to the position; past research experiences; familiarity with various programming Languages and other technologies; also few research questions relevant to the group I have applied.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview Details – Email correspondence back and forth for a few rounds, then got a phone interview. Asked about my previous experiences, especially whether I had publications. Nothing unexpected. After the first phone interview, got another one or two talk over phone.

Interview Question – Will you accept the offer if I give it to you?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Lab Assistant

Interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Interview Details – Took about 1 week after I applied to hear back and another to be hired

Interview Question – Random calculation questions, like determining volume of solvent to create a certain concentration   Answer Question

Interview Details – application to graduate college so

Interview Question – gpa requirements is like 3.0   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Postdoctoral Researcher

Interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Interview Details – I was not interviewed for this position, but directly offered after looking at my resume and talking to my references. However, this was unusual, as most of the times post-docs are interviewed at least over the phone.

Interview Question – This does not apply to me.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Urbana, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for consultant position through the website during summer break. I immediately got an interview request from IBC right after school started. There were two rounds of interviews. I took two weeks for two rounds of interview to process. First round is behavioral and second round is case interview.

Interview Question – Tell me one time that you have to think of something creative to deal with something   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview Details – It took a while to hear from the search committee but once I did I was interviewed within the week and a few days later I was called for a second interview. That interview was a few days alter and it went well. Jobs that have a search committees take longer.

Interview Question – All the questions I was asked were ones I expected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Worked for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign employees and interview candidates.