University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate

Interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Interview Details – The Professor that I am going to work with call me. Ask questions about the previous research experience. He introduced his lab and his research, and told me what kind of postdoc he is looking for. The interview goes smoothly. Basically, he did most of the talking. At the end, I asked a few questions related to his work.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Urbana, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in April 2009.

Interview Details – Short interview.

Interview Question – It wasn't even a real interview, she basically just scheduled me in on the spot.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Urbana, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in October 2012.

Interview Details – Working at the front office desk. Process was an application form in which included information needed such as previous experiences, recommendations, and also a interview process.

Interview Question – What do you believe is a trait of yourself that will help you with your work.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not need the job

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got called. Came in for interview. Got job.

Assistant to the Provost Interview

Assistant to the Provost

Interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Interview Details – They mostly just asked me about my experience with various programs and were very impressed when I had experience with all of them, however didn't offer me the job. The lady was late to my interview and it lasted all of about 5 minutes. As far as part-time job interviews go, this was the most unprofessional.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Champaign, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in May 2012.

Interview Details – Number of Interviews: 1
Method: Skype, after being accepted by department, that was the interview to be accepted into research group to be funded with tuition waiver and monthly salary
Duration: 30 minutes
Content: previous experiences in the related research area, honors, GPA

Interview Question – How do your experiences make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Grader Interview

Grader

Interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Interview Details – first send out an email to professor and schedule the interview . talked abou the course taken and previous experience. and then talk about the work in detail. And then sign the paper work of the hiring process and then you are done.

Interview Question – dont have enough time for work while i am still a student   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Urbana, IL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in June 2008.

Interview Details – Phone screen, followed by in-person interviews with search committee and then a separate interview with the hiring manager. The interview process goes pretty smoothly in the unit I was hired in to. It's pretty standard across campus to expect a search committee interview and an interview with hiring manager, separately.

Interview Question – There were not any very difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Research Programmer Interview

Research Programmer
Urbana, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in June 2008.

Interview Details – Panel interview.

Interview Question – Describe the difference between a switch and a router.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Urbana, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in September 2008.

Interview Details – Easy, directly talked to future advisor.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

See What University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Employees Are Saying

Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Great benefits, flexible, and living in Champaign-Urbana does not cost much. Fun working environment and open to job training and career advancement” Full Review

Worked for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign? Contribute to the Community!