University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

www.uiuc.edu
Unclaimed Profile

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

The first step in the hiring process is to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Once you have a applied, applicant tracking systems are used by many employers to process job applications and to manage the hiring process. Interview process starts with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Interview Questions

• In a way that anyone could understand, can you describe a professional achievement that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Very professional and laid back

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

Email correspondence back and forth for a few rounds, then got a phone interview. Asked about my previous experiences, especially whether I had publications. Nothing unexpected. After the first phone interview, got another one or two talk over phone.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

application to graduate college so

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL).

Interview

I applied to the graduate program in computer science. They reviewed my application and gave me admission with assistantship (RA or TA).

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

email to professors, work as volunteers in lab, interview and get hired

Interview Questions

• how research experience could assist myself in the proceeding research tasks   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accept the offer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Very late that year, I contacted the professor through email. She showed interest in my background and would like to talk to me. So I drove there and talked to her directly.

Interview Questions

• She showed some of her data and asked me what do you get from them   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in September 2008.

Interview

Easy, directly talked to future advisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in August 2010.

Interview

TO is offer through university jab board. I applied to PhD student.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in August 2008.

Interview

Email communication opens the door to the face-to-face interview first. During the personal interview, background check is at the first place, basic skills and research facilities that having experience on, and the passion for getting this position.