University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

www.uiuc.edu

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Urbana, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in October 2010.

Interview Details – email to professors, work as volunteers in lab, interview and get hired

Interview Question – how research experience could assist myself in the proceeding research tasks   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accept the offer

Interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Interview Details – Very professional and laid back

Interview Question – Why are you applying to this job above any other   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview Details – Email correspondence back and forth for a few rounds, then got a phone interview. Asked about my previous experiences, especially whether I had publications. Nothing unexpected. After the first phone interview, got another one or two talk over phone.

Interview Question – Will you accept the offer if I give it to you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Interview Details – application to graduate college so

Interview Question – gpa requirements is like 3.0   Answer Question

Urbana, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in September 2008.

Interview Details – Easy, directly talked to future advisor.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Champaign, IL

I applied online and interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview Details – I applied to the graduate program in computer science. They reviewed my application and gave me admission with assistantship (RA or TA).

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate.

Urbana, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in March 2009.

Interview Details – Very late that year, I contacted the professor through email. She showed interest in my background and would like to talk to me. So I drove there and talked to her directly.

Interview Question – She showed some of her data and asked me what do you get from them   Answer Question

Research Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in August 2010.

Interview Details – TO is offer through university jab board. I applied to PhD student.

Interview Question – have you ever experienced in field Lab?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation.

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in August 2008.

Interview Details – Email communication opens the door to the face-to-face interview first. During the personal interview, background check is at the first place, basic skills and research facilities that having experience on, and the passion for getting this position.

Worked for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign? Contribute to the Community!