University of Iowa Student IT Support Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Student IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

It began with an application on the website. I had almost forgotten about applying for the job because they took so long to get back to me but about a month later I was asked to come in for an interview. I was surprised to find a panel of people interviewing me for a part-time student position. The interview was pretty fast-paced and covered behavioral questions to technical questions (how to go about trouble-shooting a given issue, identifying components of a PC, giving definitions of jargon like HTML, XML, HTTP, RAM, etc.).

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "Which fictional character are you most like and why?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I was extended an offer and I had to either accept or reject it.