University of Kansas Medical Center Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Supply Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center.

answered ad in paper, submitted resume, got an interview and job offer

offer and I accepted

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center in January 2010.

Group interview with 5 people taking turns asking questions. Was offered job based on passing background check.

Nurse Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center in September 2012.

Online application process. KEEP Applying. You will get many automated responses, but if you keep applying you will eventually be called. Took about 3-4 weeks of applying for every position that popped up for this position title. Don't worry about the unit, just get your foot in the door. Called to set up an interview for the next week. Within two days of interview (weekend included) I was called and offered a job. Drug test the next day, be prepared to drop everything and get it done as you have a 24hour deadline to do it. A physical exam and vaccinations follow. Somewhere in there HR completes a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Interview with floor nurse was great. No difficult questions. What would you do if a co-worker was upset. What do you think is the most important aspect of patient care.....yada yada yada...   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. They offer, tell you the process and wages and you accept or decline. At this level of the profession this is typical.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shawnee Mission, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee Mission, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center in September 2012.

HR calls to schedule both the HR screening & group interview at the same time. The HR screening is a straight rehash of resume experience, education, & skills. No actually screening since in person interview was already scheduled.
    The in person interview was explained to be one on one, but was performed by a group. We walked by several available conference rooms and into a small cramped office. The first question was 'Are you sure you are still interested in this job', which caught me off guard. As the interview proceeded, it was clear the director did not know much about the position but continued to ask questions like 'Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone at work' & 'Tell me about a time when you took an active leadership role on a project'. Not so much of a team interview as a director asking standard questions and everyone else agreeing with them. No reference to the actually job or job description provided.

Interview Questions
    • There was a hidden requirement that didn't come up until the in person interview. It was not in the job description or either of the HR calls, and it was a deal breaker. 'Do you have experience with the semi-proprietary software Epic/O2?'   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center in March 2009.

In hindsight, the interview was to satisfy an ethnic quota for a community research team lacking specific markers. My skill and abilities were never discussed, or tested during months of employment, but demographic information and advanced education were utilized for grant submission purposes. In sum, the actual interview was farcical and steeped in tenure-inducing academic politics.

Utilization Review Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center in January 2010.

Getting through HR was easy. The manager of the unit was friendly and warm, but asked strange open-ended questions. The second interview consisted of a group interview with my would-be co-workers. They were ill prepared for this interview. I'd interview there again, but I'd be more ready to throw out questions of my own when the group dropped the ball.

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Kansas Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!