University of Kent

University of Kent Interview Questions

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Kent

Web Developer Interview

Involved a formal interview. Would highly recommend checking up on the qualities they expect.

Interview Questions

Student Recruitment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canterbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canterbury, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Kent in May 2013.

There was a standard application process of a cover letter and c.v. I went to my careers adviser for feedback and to make sure I was hitting the right note.

I was then invited to interview: this was broken up into a 20 minutes presentation on why students should come to Kent, followed by a 30 to 40 minutes interview.
    -Presentation: I was criticised, in interview, for including too much detail. I get the feeling you're selling an experience rather than hard hitting educational details.
    -The interview was very depth: they asked industry based questions: what is widening participation, what are the funding bodies surrounding HE, what is HEFCE? What subjects other than the arts have suffered the most during the recession? How many students do we have here? What is our student to staff average ratio> They also asked question from the perspective of the student: why should I go to your uni for £9000 fees? Why should I study Economics here? And personal ones: How do you deal with stress? If you're manager were here list one thing she/he would say that irritates them about you?

Interview Questions
    • If you're manager were here list one thing she/he would say that irritates them about you?   View Answer