University of Leeds

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Officer, Natwest Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Leeds in December 2014.

The application itself was fairly straightforward, a lot simpler than many other banks with similar positions. Uploaded CV, filled a few basic questions in a form and filled out a situational style test.

Got an e mail next morning about being shortlisted for telephone interview and was asked to call a number. Prepared myself as best i could by thoroughly familiarising myself with the role requirements and having a few customer service example answers ready.

Made the call, was on hold for 10 minutes and got through. Interview itself was straightforward. They asked about my availability, went through past work experience and agreed on salary. After this i was asked two questions relating to my customer service experience. Ufortunately both these questions were sales based and i only had very little sales experience. I had more experience in hospitality and management. Anyway first answer went very well. Second one i bombed!

Didnt get shortlisted for face to face interview but can definitely say that compared to a lot of other similar roles, the process was very painless and pay actually very good.

Few more sales related examples and id have made it!

Oh well :) good luck to all!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at University of Leeds.

Interview for position was uncomfortable, as it seemed that the entire panel knew nothing about me and came across as generally uncaring and disinterested. Received 2 sentence rejection email with no constructive feedback. Overall probably the most disappointing and unprofessional interview I've had so far! Clean up your act Leeds HR!

Careers Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Leeds in July 2013.

Online application, interview with panel of 3 people, task was conducting an observed interview with a student.
    Interview lasted about 45 minutes - about 10 questions, mainly competency based. Needed to know about University and HE issues.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Leeds in June 2013.

First was a presentation about the projects that they were requiring people for. Then they asked for suggestions to further the project.

Next was a one on one interview with project leaders who asked which we would prefer to choose. Then asked for further project suggestions, and what you'd bring to the project.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see the end product to be used in the future?   Answer Question

IT Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Leeds.

I was previously known to the head of my future department and called in for a brief informal discussion about her ideas for a new position and whether I would be interested in it. Following this, there was a formal telephone interview with two managers, some follow-up questions and request for documents via email and then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Part of the role was to kick-start a wide-ranging project almost from scratch. I was asked for my ideas about how I would go about doing this. It was not an unexpected question, but was the most difficult question I was asked. I had no problem answering it.   Answer Question
    I was told the salary. I didn't negotiate.

Post Doc Virology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Leeds in January 2012.

I was emailed two weeks before the interview by the HR and they asked me to confirm if I'm coming. They emailed me all the information I might need about the transportation and the city. Also some information around the project. On the day I was accompanied on a tour around the lab, then went to make a presentation about my work. I was asked general questions on my work results and possible future work. Then they asked more detailed scientific questions on the project at hand and what areas I'm familiar with in this kind of research. Finally some personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a siuation where you were able to self manage your project and implement your own ideas?   View Answer
    • What are your weakest qualities?   View Answer

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Leeds in September 2011.

The job was listed on the university website. I applied, and it took just over a month to be invited for interview. The interview date was set for two weeks after the invitation. The panel comprised four people - my prospective line manager, the School Administrator, and two senior academics. I was put at my ease, and every question was relevant to the role offered.

I was offered the position on the afternoon of the interview and accepted immediately. A start date of approximately five weeks was offered and accepted.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase. The job was a promotion, and I started on the bottom rung of the salary scale.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Leeds in January 2008.

Interviewed over the phone, as I was living in the US when I applied for the position, with my potential boss and one colleague. Described my research experience and answered questions on my interests and abilities. After the phone interview, I was contacted within a few days and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What area of research in our field do you find most interesting and most important?   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiation as it was a fixed-term contract, and they offered me the maximum salary allowed for this grant.