University of Leeds Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Leeds.

Interview

Average, relatively painless process, very friendly panel & staff. One week after the closing date I received an email to say I had been selected for interview then a few days after that I was sent the interview time/date etc also via email. The interview was about 10 days later. I didn't get the job - they called to tell me the same day. The feedback was odd because the 1 criticism I received was that 1 answer lacked detail- which made me wonder why no follow up questions were asked for that particular question when they had at other times. For what it's worth I felt it was answered as fully as it could've been so I asked for clarity which couldn't be provided. Overall it was much better than I'd been expecting and the friendliness of those I met prior to the interview put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Nothing about customer service which is a suprise as that is the massive part of the role. No question about why I wanted to work there. I'm told by an insider (elsewhere in the university) this meant they had somone in mind for the job already- judging by the feedback I was given I suspect this was the case. The questions followed the job spec so have examples ready for each point.   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer, Natwest Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Leeds (Wakefield, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

The application itself was fairly straightforward, a lot simpler than many other banks with similar positions. Uploaded CV, filled a few basic questions in a form and filled out a situational style test. Got an e mail next morning about being shortlisted for telephone interview and was asked to call a number. Prepared myself as best i could by thoroughly familiarising myself with the role requirements and having a few customer service example answers ready. Made the call, was on hold for 10 minutes and got through. Interview itself was straightforward. They asked about my availability, went through past work experience and agreed on salary. After this i was asked two questions relating to my customer service experience. Ufortunately both these questions were sales based and i only had very little sales experience. I had more experience in hospitality and management. Anyway first answer went very well. Second one i bombed! Didnt get shortlisted for face to face interview but can definitely say that compared to a lot of other similar roles, the process was very painless and pay actually very good. Few more sales related examples and id have made it! Oh well :) good luck to all!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview for position was uncomfortable, as it seemed that the entire panel knew nothing about me and came across as generally uncaring and disinterested. Received 2 sentence rejection email with no constructive feedback. Overall probably the most disappointing and unprofessional interview I've had so far! Clean up your act Leeds HR!

Careers Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Online application, interview with panel of 3 people, task was conducting an observed interview with a student. Interview lasted about 45 minutes - about 10 questions, mainly competency based. Needed to know about University and HE issues.

Researcher Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

All day interview: Design lesson plan, presentation to room of people, group lunch then Interview 7 on panel. Called back the following day for further questions. It was a long process but gave me time to see the university and to meet people. I thought it was well organised and well conducted.

Interview Questions

• Cant remember. They were standard interview questions related to job desc/person desc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Start dates, I may have negotiated the salary .

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

First was a presentation about the projects that they were requiring people for. Then they asked for suggestions to further the project. Next was a one on one interview with project leaders who asked which we would prefer to choose. Then asked for further project suggestions, and what you'd bring to the project.

Interview Questions

• Where can you see the end product to be used in the future?   Answer Question

IT Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

I was previously known to the head of my future department and called in for a brief informal discussion about her ideas for a new position and whether I would be interested in it. Following this, there was a formal telephone interview with two managers, some follow-up questions and request for documents via email and then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Part of the role was to kick-start a wide-ranging project almost from scratch. I was asked for my ideas about how I would go about doing this. It was not an unexpected question, but was the most difficult question I was asked. I had no problem answering it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the salary. I didn't negotiate.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

application process quite long. Had to complete the online application form which had many steps to it. At the interview, asked a lot of scenario questions and what would you do.

Interview Questions

• If you had competing deadlines, what would you do to ensure they were met?   Answer Question
    • What challenges do you think you will face and how will you overcome them?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Leeds in December 2012.

Interview

Overall it was a 45 Minutes Face-to-Face interview. It started with 5 minutes presentation and followed by Q&A from the recruiting panel. 5 minutes presentation was how I want to do the project and background about myself.

Post Doc Virology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was emailed two weeks before the interview by the HR and they asked me to confirm if I'm coming. They emailed me all the information I might need about the transportation and the city. Also some information around the project. On the day I was accompanied on a tour around the lab, then went to make a presentation about my work. I was asked general questions on my work results and possible future work. Then they asked more detailed scientific questions on the project at hand and what areas I'm familiar with in this kind of research. Finally some personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a siuation where you were able to self manage your project and implement your own ideas?   1 Answer
    • What are your weakest qualities?   1 Answer