University of Leicester

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Leicester.

Interview Details – You have to fill out on-line form with a detailed resume. After being invited for interview, had to give a 5 min talk about my former projects.

Interview Question – Why would I be better than the other candidates   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Leicester in April 2009.

Interview Details – - Online application form with research interests form - must include two academic references.
- Interviews usually take place in two batches ("Open Opportunity" days)
- Usually ~15 people per day for whole of Physics Dept.
- Interviews carried out by 2 members of staff, usually the person who is offering to supervise an individual project and one additional academic.
- May have more than one interview depending on the number of projects you are interested in.
- In the interview, they will want to know about your Masters' research project, and may test your general physics knowledge (depends on interviewer). The project offered will be explained in more detail.
- In preparation for the interview, it's a good idea to do some background research into the subject area of the project.
- Don't be afraid to apply after the deadline - you may be offered an interview at a later date, especially if a project is still available.

Interview Question – Derivation of the Earth's surface temperature, including any assumptions you make.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Leicester, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Leicester in April 2007.

Interview Details – When the time of the job advertised, I was just graduated from my masters in science. So, I was applied for the job and been short-listed. In my interview panel, there were three people ( two scientists and one departmental manager ) who were nice to me showing around the labs to ease off my nerves. Eventually, my job interview went for 40 mins and i was selected.

Interview Question – What research experience I had in the past?   View Answer

Worked for University of Leicester? Contribute to the Community!