University of Louisville

Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Louisville, KY

I interviewed at University of Louisville in August 2012.

Interview Details – The process was not very difficult.First we talked on the phone, was asked just some personal and technique questions.Most of the questions are related with the new research and new life style in the new place.Then we had on-site interview, talked about some details about the research plan and skills.The most important thing was to present the interest, knowledge and skills I had and how they will be suitable for the new position.

Interview Question – What is your big shortcoming?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at University of Louisville

Interview Details – I found out about the position on the day the application was due. I was very qualified for the position and had a recommendation from the person in charge of making the hiring decision. I filled out the application and received notification that I had received the job a few weeks later. There was no interview. It was a quick and easy process.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Job came as is

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Louisville.

Interview Details – I submitted my application and was contacted for an interview one week later. The interview went very smoothly and the supervisor was courteous, professional, and showed interest in who I was and what I was looking for. The supervisors office was a little cluttered and very small but they were in the process of re-locating.

Interview Question – Do you know anything about electrophysiology?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, the pay was fair and more than I expected.

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Louisville in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had nice interview

Interview Question – Did not have Unexpected questions   Answer Question

Dental Clinic Associate Interview

Dental Clinic Associate
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Louisville.

Interview Details – Initial emailing back and forth with supervisor. Came in for "interview," which turned into an overwhelming tour of the entire dental school. Received phone call within a few days offering me the job.

Interview Question – Wasn't really much of an interview. Supervisor asked a few questions regarding my resume and past work experience. Then dove right into trying to overwhelm me with a tour of every inch of the building.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't much of a negotiation. Supervisor said "I can offer you $$. And can you start on this peticular date?"

Research Manager Interview

Research Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Louisville in March 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy process. You just interview and then work with human resources.

Interview Question – Do you think you can do this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a slightly higher salary

Unit Business Manager Interview

Unit Business Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Louisville.

Interview Details – Communication was great- interviewed with at least 2 managers. People were friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Question – What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate my start date by a few weeks, but they refused.

Graduate Fellow Interview

Graduate Fellow

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of Louisville in August 2009.

Interview Details – Admission is based on GRE and Toefl scores. The highest scores are reviewed and scholarships are awarded based on research experience and potential. It comes with the stipulation of maintaining a minimum 3.5 GPA and ability to clear the department's qualifying examinations.

Interview Question – 4 hour long qualifier examination!   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

Interviewed at University of Louisville

Interview Details – Phone interview first, then on campus was two days long--included a real estate tour but no campus tour. Students were included in the interview process but were underprepared--no CV, no background on me as a candidate. But they were candid about their experiences, which were positive. Negotiations were solely with the dean.

Interview Question – What courses in the curriculum would I not be comfortable teaching.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – starting research fund is standard, ask for a dedicated GA, can ask for a paid trip to bring back partner/spouse to assess community.

Graduate Fellow Interview

Graduate Fellow
Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at University of Louisville in April 2008.

Interview Details – Toefl and GRE scores, Recommendation letters, Detailed Application packet.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Worked for University of Louisville? Contribute to the Community!