University of Louisville

Updated Dec 20, 2014

2.2

Administrative Specialist (Division of Cardiovascular Medicine) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Louisville in September 2014.

8/5/14: Referred to the position by an employee. Applied.
    8/28/14: Contacted by office representative. Scheduled first interview.
    9/4/14: I confirmed and attended the first interview.
    9/25/14: Contacted by office representative to schedule second interview. I responded but we needed more time than one day could afford to coordinate schedules.
    9/26/14: Scheduled second interview.
    10/8/14: I confirmed and attended the second interview. I was told at the end by the second interviewer to expect the search to "wrap up in a few days." I e-mailed the conductor of the first interview to let her know that the second interview went well.
    11/6/14: I e-mailed the conductor of the first interview to request an update. She responded that the search was re-opened by the second interviewer to new candidates but still ongoing and that previous candidates have not been ruled out. I was told that the office hoped to select someone "by next week" (11/14 at the latest).
    12/16/14: I e-mailed the conductor of the first interview to notify her that I was no longer interested. As of 12/20/14, no response has been given. I have not heard from a representative since 11/6/2014 despite being told on 10/8 to expect a decision around 10/14/14, then being told on 11/6 to expect a decision around 11/14.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I found out about the position on the day the application was due. I was very qualified for the position and had a recommendation from the person in charge of making the hiring decision. I filled out the application and received notification that I had received the job a few weeks later. There was no interview. It was a quick and easy process.

No negotiation. Job came as is

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Louisville.

I submitted my application and was contacted for an interview one week later. The interview went very smoothly and the supervisor was courteous, professional, and showed interest in who I was and what I was looking for. The supervisors office was a little cluttered and very small but they were in the process of re-locating.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about electrophysiology?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, the pay was fair and more than I expected.

Dental Clinic Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Louisville.

Initial emailing back and forth with supervisor. Came in for "interview," which turned into an overwhelming tour of the entire dental school. Received phone call within a few days offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really much of an interview. Supervisor asked a few questions regarding my resume and past work experience. Then dove right into trying to overwhelm me with a tour of every inch of the building.   Answer Question
    Wasn't much of a negotiation. Supervisor said "I can offer you $$. And can you start on this peticular date?"

Unit Business Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Louisville.

Communication was great- interviewed with at least 2 managers. People were friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate my start date by a few weeks, but they refused.

Assistant Professor Interview

Phone interview first, then on campus was two days long--included a real estate tour but no campus tour. Students were included in the interview process but were underprepared--no CV, no background on me as a candidate. But they were candid about their experiences, which were positive. Negotiations were solely with the dean.

Interview Questions
    • What courses in the curriculum would I not be comfortable teaching.   Answer Question
    starting research fund is standard, ask for a dedicated GA, can ask for a paid trip to bring back partner/spouse to assess community.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

interviewed at University of Louisville in August 2012.

The process was not very difficult.First we talked on the phone, was asked just some personal and technique questions.Most of the questions are related with the new research and new life style in the new place.Then we had on-site interview, talked about some details about the research plan and skills.The most important thing was to present the interest, knowledge and skills I had and how they will be suitable for the new position.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Louisville in March 2011.

I found out about the position online. I filled out the application and received notification that I had received the offer a few weeks later. There was no interview. It was a quick and easy process.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Louisville in September 2010.

long time ago I got schoolarship from JB speed school

Interview Questions
    no negotiations for graduate students

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Louisville in June 2010.

I had nice interview