University of Macau

Relevance Date Difficulty

Department Chair Interview

Department Chair
Macao, Hunan (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Macau in June 2010.

Interview Details – Recruited by a headhunter. Identified as lead candidate. Email exchange (feeling out process). Basically offered the job if I wanted it. Balked, and given a phone interview aimed at getting me on a plane for an on-site inspection/pitch. After thinking through the parameters (esp. relationship between my research area and political freedom in China), declined. Issues of starting over (despite higher rank) in a university just building in interest during the last 10-15 years of my career didn't interest me. The recruiter and the university people, though, were nice, earnest, engaging. For someone else this would have been ideal.

Reason for Declining – Location, Salary, concerns about academic freedom

Worked for University of Macau? Contribute to the Community!