University of Maryland Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

2.5

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Record Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of Maryland in April 2014.

interviewed in april 2002, interviewed by Jean Morgan, manager, discussed my experience and qualifications, And what are my future plans, which was to futher my education and skills, and would like to futher my skills and expericence.

Interview Questions
    • The interview went well and now I'm proud to say I'm still employed with the Hospital   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Maryland.

After sending my CV, the assistant professor emailed me back and asked some questions. For a while later (2-3 weeks?), he emailed me again about an interview. We set up the date and the actual interview happened on the day.

Interview Questions
    • How did you explain to your current PI (Principal Investigator) about coming here for an interview?   View Answer

Grants and Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Maryland in November 2012.

Online Submission, and group interview. There were 5 people in the first group, and two in the second round.

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able to negotiate a higher salary and flexible work times.

Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at University of Maryland in October 2013.

I was interviewed by a panel of three which they asked general interview questions. A week later I was called back for a second interview with the same three panel, and after the interview I was asked questions by the Assisted Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • How good are you in working in a team. If your supervisor asked you to do a task, but your team member know a short way of doing it, do you do it the way the supervisor want it done, or your team member.   Answer Question
    Its been three weeks and I haven't heard from them yet with an offer.

Bioinformatics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Maryland in September 2012.

applied online in their website, got an email reply to set up a phone interview.
    Was not prepared expecting it to be a HR. First half was basic resume walk through followed by technical questions. about linux, databases etc.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Maryland in November 2011.

this was a friendly interview with three people, the supervisor + two full-time researchers. They were helpful in answering my questions.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Maryland in April 2011.

The staff that I meet with were very welcoming and professional. The process was very informative and even laid back. For your interview presentation, if you can provide examples of how you would address issues in the job, it should be very beneficial. Also, the arrangements to bring me in for the interview were handled very professionally and made the trip to Baltimore a pleasure. Go into the interview confident and friendly. That kind of attitude will go a long way towards proving that you are a good fit for the university.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, there were no difficult or unexpected questions that I can recall. I was well prepared for the interview.   Answer Question

Personal reasons occurring after the interview prevented me from taking the job. Under different circumstances, I would have accepted the job.

Summer Conference Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Maryland in March 2010.

The interview process was very straight forward. They asked for my previous experience with Residential Life. Also, you get strength/weaknesses questions. How do you like to lead? Are you a team player? What is community for you?
    I don't think your GPA matters a lot. At least from what I heard people with 3.0 easily get the position.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Maryland in January 2008.

I had interview with the professor directly. He asked me general questions from my resume. After that explain the working environment, what they were doing in the labs etc. At the same they he hired me. Actually initially i was in provision kind of period of testing my professional knowledge and experience for a month or so.

After that i signed the contract.

Interview Questions
    • can you work alone where there is no team at all?   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Maryland in November 2009.

Initial communication - receiving phone call from AVP. Group interview next with AVP and Director. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions
    lateral move - no negotiating when it came to salary.

Worked for University of Maryland? Contribute to the Community!