University of Maryland Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

2.5

Record Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

interviewed in april 2002, interviewed by Jean Morgan, manager, discussed my experience and qualifications, And what are my future plans, which was to futher my education and skills, and would like to futher my skills and expericence.

Interview Questions

• The interview went well and now I'm proud to say I'm still employed with the Hospital   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After sending my CV, the assistant professor emailed me back and asked some questions. For a while later (2-3 weeks?), he emailed me again about an interview. We set up the date and the actual interview happened on the day.

Interview Questions

• How did you explain to your current PI (Principal Investigator) about coming here for an interview?   1 Answer

Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three which they asked general interview questions. A week later I was called back for a second interview with the same three panel, and after the interview I was asked questions by the Assisted Vice President.

Interview Questions

• How good are you in working in a team. If your supervisor asked you to do a task, but your team member know a short way of doing it, do you do it the way the supervisor want it done, or your team member.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its been three weeks and I haven't heard from them yet with an offer.

Grants and Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Online Submission, and group interview. There were 5 people in the first group, and two in the second round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate a higher salary and flexible work times.

Bioinformatics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

applied online in their website, got an email reply to set up a phone interview. Was not prepared expecting it to be a HR. First half was basic resume walk through followed by technical questions. about linux, databases etc.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

this was a friendly interview with three people, the supervisor + two full-time researchers. They were helpful in answering my questions.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

The staff that I meet with were very welcoming and professional. The process was very informative and even laid back. For your interview presentation, if you can provide examples of how you would address issues in the job, it should be very beneficial. Also, the arrangements to bring me in for the interview were handled very professionally and made the trip to Baltimore a pleasure. Go into the interview confident and friendly. That kind of attitude will go a long way towards proving that you are a good fit for the university.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, there were no difficult or unexpected questions that I can recall. I was well prepared for the interview.   Answer Question

Personal reasons occurring after the interview prevented me from taking the job. Under different circumstances, I would have accepted the job.

Summer Conference Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. They asked for my previous experience with Residential Life. Also, you get strength/weaknesses questions. How do you like to lead? Are you a team player? What is community for you? I don't think your GPA matters a lot. At least from what I heard people with 3.0 easily get the position.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial communication - receiving phone call from AVP. Group interview next with AVP and Director. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

lateral move - no negotiating when it came to salary.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in November 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by someone to come in for an interview. They were very unprofessional and were irritated when asked for details like meeting room, exact location, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation when others including coworkers are difficult?   1 Answer

They were not organized. It seemed they had an internal candidate that they could not offer the job to. Ultimately the position was reposted under a different heading.