University of Maryland Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.7

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

This interview was very straight forward. It was behavioral and there were multiple people in the interview. 25 minutes long. They asked standard questions. I received the job on the spot. I suggest that if you're looking for an on campus job you should apply within the first two weeks of the start of school. Spots fill up fast

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't see eye to eye with someone you were working with.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Maryland (University Park, MD).

Interview

Easy, casual. Consisted of interest through e-mails back and forth between potential employer. I did not need to include my resume, I basically wrote a letter of interest and so it was entirely easy of a process. The experience was great

Interview Questions

• Previous research, interests, potential research options   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

The Interview Process was not conducted as a regular interview that I am normally given. They called me and I came in and later that day, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in five years.   1 Answer

Faculty Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

I saw that there was a job search online and through a friend, I turned my resume in and then was called in for an interview. After the interview I was contacted within a week with an offer. The interview was relatively short, was it was nerve wracking because I had to know details about the lab and the work they were doing there.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my goals were for my research and my career.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

Typical academic on-campus interview with job talk, meetings with search committee, faculty, department chair, and graduate students. Everyone had clearly reviewed my materials ahead of time, asked relevant questions, and was very friendly.They took me to breakfast and lunch and made sure I was comfortable throughout the day. Unlike other university searches, they scheduled a campus visit without a preliminary phone or skype interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your five-year plan? What are your strategies for supporting student diversity?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Summer internship at the CATT Lab at UMD. Applied through Careers4Terps. One technical interview onsite. Various language options made available for the problem. Given an hour to complete the task.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Went to supervisor's office. There was construction so I couldn't go through the main entrance. Very sweet lady. She talked the entire time about the job and the environment. She told me how impressive my resume was. I just asked about specific duties and schedules.

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Great people during interview. They wanted to be sure about my experience, which was of the greatest concerns to them. I asked why and they answered that they had some inexperienced staff in the past and were concerned about regulatory compliance. They were pretty much were cool after that. Generic questions mostly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They try to give the lowest dollar amount possible, but be firm especially if you have other options.

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Applied by mailing the CATT Lab's person in charge of hiring. Got a mail reply a few months after applying. First round was telephonic and mainly centered around previous projects, communication skills and cultural fit. It was easy. Second round was a make or break test. It was a PHP/Javascript/HTML project which I had to understand and then find and fix all possible bugs. The catch was the time frame - it needed to be done in an hour.

Interview Questions

• There were no other questions - the time frame was challenging.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Had two interviews, one via Skype and another via in-person panel. Skype was interview with two people from the office that lasted about 30 minutes. In-person panel consisted of three groups of people that lasted over two hours cumulatively. Process was relatively quick from initial contact for Skype interview to notification of second round of interviewing. All communication ceased after in-person interview, even after a couple of failed attempts to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions asking about previous experience and interest in the job. Nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question