University of Maryland Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.7

Clinical Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center.

Interview

typical interview, with share time. Interview with HR and Unit Manager. Some of the nurse recruiters are slow and lose things, but most were great. HR asks the typical questions. Management wants to figure out why you're really there and how long you might stay. I like to think they were trying to see if you're a good fit, but in retrospect they may just be seeking competent people that wont call out, so they can fill spots.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did something wrong and how you realized it/what you did about it   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center.

Interview

Applied online,1 week later received call from HR to schedule phone interview , face to face interview 2 weeks later. Interview was one on one. No challenging or trick questions.

Interview Questions

• how does your background qualify you for this position   Answer Question

Interview

Completed app online, received an email 2 days later for an interview. The recruiter had me complete a behavioral online test and phone interview. I emailed her the phone interview questions. Then i was scheduled for an in person interview. In person interview for a completely different job title, which was a waste of my time. The hiring manager interview was informal, rushing through questions & talking about herself & qualifications. Seems like it was just a process to meet a quota, but they already had someone picked out for the position.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center.

Interview

Applied online. Took about a month or so to hear back. Rec'd an email for scheduling a phone interview with someone in HR. Phone interview was straightforward. Then rec'd an email to schedule an interview with the hiring department. Scheduled quickly. Day of - waited in lobby while associate was paged and came down to get me. Was suppose to interview with head of project, but he was running late. Other people in the office tried to keep me occupied until he returned. Very friendly. Head came in finally. Not the friendliest guy, but interview went smoothly. Then interviewed with associates. Interview was straightforward. Was mainly asked about my personal background, education, and past experience.

Interview Questions

• Was grilled about my past research experience. Were looking for a few specific things, which I unfortunately did not have.   Answer Question

Clinical Documentaton Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Glen Burnie, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at the BWMC site. The main interviewer was a contractor. I felt there was a conflict of interest in that contractors income depends on continued need for their services. She appeared to have the need to be the most knowledgeable on all topics as opposed to building a team of people with differing strengths and weaknesses to synergistically learn from one another. I enjoy participating in synergistic teams. At one point there was an emphasis on clinical checklist which might be advantageous to new nurses less applicable once one develops the critical thinking skills to look at the big picture. This was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Change of work environment questions. There seemed to be the assumption that one needed to come from a like facility to be able to adapt to the workflow at this facility.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Just agree that nurse are important. That you understand you are their to support them. WHen they ask you about delegation go with the most important task first such as Ekg over Blood draws.

Interview Questions

• Why did you become a PCT?
      How do you handle patient family members?
      How do you handle difficult patient?

Answer Question

Negotiation

They told you how much you were to be paid and that was that. Base on experience apparently.

Clinical Lab Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center.

Interview

After resume submission and HR review; the lab supervisor emailed me to schedule initial interview. Interview was held in supervisor's office, afterwhich we walked through laboratory and hospital. Informal offer made over telephone. Formal offer presented in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I wish I had asked to observe all shifts instead of just day shift.

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and after fighting through the call center to get to the unit meant for my job I spoke with the manager and set up an appointment for an interview. Took about three days. During the interview I sat in with three senior nurses that asked a total of four question each. Discovered that I would be secretary for three different units instead of one unit. Ended up getting the job that same day with and started work that Monday.

Interview Questions

• Name one of your weaknesses and how you go about managing it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted about the position many months after applying. The interview process took many weeks and was exhasutive with over 12 high level in-person interviews, as well as phone screenings. Everyone was pleasant and but they could not decide. My opinion is that there is a reluctance to hire from outside the industry with a very strong preference for internal candidates (great for current employees)! Seems like a very interesting place to work with advancement opportunity from within.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to job online. Then worked with HR to schedule a group phone interview. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for in person interviews. Prior to the in person interviews I completed an online personality test that was sent to me via email and administered online.

The in person interviews consisted of first interviewing and meeting with HR. Then I met with a few employees at various times through group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to leave my current job?   1 Answer