University of Massachusetts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.4

Department Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview questions based directly on qualifications, skills and experience listed on job description. First interview was with the hiring committee which was a panel of 5. After passing that round was invited back for a one on one interview with hiring authority, who would be the direct manager for the position. Both rounds were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked to tell about experience using the specific software listed on job description   Answer Question

Undergraduate Nano Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Massachusetts.

Interview

The application process varies from school and company, tedious to apply to many, but must be done, I applied to 11 and was only accepted at umass lowell. There was no interview process, I emailed them insuring I was still being considered and I was accepted. They strive for a 50/50 balance male to female, which is concerning considering the number of women compared to men in the field is much less than 50 percent. Ask for a travel stipend, demand, other schools give one.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Massachusetts in January 2012.

Interview

Quick and easy interview for the most part. Managers usually on the basis of connecting with them, not so much for experience. There should be a lengthier interview process with more in-depth questions due to the fact that there is students' personal information involved in the job. As a CSA you also have access to students' rooms, so there needs to be a better process of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you as a customer service associate?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through the postings on the graduate blog. Then got in touch with the professor. 2 stage interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked the best practices for the things that I will do during my assistantship.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Massachusetts (North Amherst, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Overview of skills and background

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Digital Repository Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

I found the job opening on the university's human resources website, and applied online following their procedures. Almost exactly one month later, I received an e-mail from someone in the college library's HR department, asking me to call to set up a telephone interview. I reached her by phone and found her to be very helpful and nice. We set up a time and date for the interview. She told me the names of a couple of the people who would be interviewing me.

The phone interview was with a panel of five librarians and other staff of the university. They were using a speakerphone on their end, and it was difficult to hear them properly and, I suspect, for them to hear me. They were all considerate, and responded with verbal feedback during the interview. (I have had phone interviews where the people on the other end said nothing, making it hard to know if they could hear and understand me.)

A couple of weeks later I received a letter informing me that someone else had been chosen for the position.

Social Media/Advertising Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Massachusetts (North Dartmouth, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Began with a very short phone interview. Then a 1:1 interview that asked about my strengths/weaknesses and why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unpaid position

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Massachusetts (North Dartmouth, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with the professor who I applied for. He's nice and asked few questions about my computer/office skill and how I know his previous assistant. He wanted to make sure is there any communication problem since I'm a foreign student. He wrote down my email address and mobile phone number and tell me the department committee will make the final decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The work time schedule could be discussed with the professor.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by a colleague who knew my work. I interviewed with that colleague and the program director.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and told that there were 10 being interviewed. I was invited to campus and given about 5 days to prepare a presentation. I presented to a group of people and then met with the person I would be working for. I was told that due to the holidays i would hear in January. I did not hear until a letter came in march that I did not get the job, which I had figured out by then.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to relieve stress   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this job when this is a new area for you?   1 Answer