University of Massachusetts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Worcester, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Massachusetts in February 2008.

Interview Details – This was a typical graduate school application process. I Applied in December of 2007, and was asked to interview in February. The school paid for my flight, hotel, and food for the 3-day interview. The weekend consisted of dinner parties with faculty and students every night, followed by bar trips and/or parties. I interviewed with 4 professors for 30 minutes each on the actual interview day, and all interviews were conversational. They asked about my own undergraduate research, my interests, and why I wanted to go to graduate school. I asked about their research, and listened for the remaining time as they regaled me with their scientific knowledge.

Interview Question – I was asked to design an experiment for a project I was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. Take it or leave it. This school has a very competitive stipend.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Massachusetts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Massachusetts interview questions and advice in Worcester, MA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Massachusetts employees and interview candidates.