University of Massachusetts

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Massachusetts in February 2008.

This was a typical graduate school application process. I Applied in December of 2007, and was asked to interview in February. The school paid for my flight, hotel, and food for the 3-day interview. The weekend consisted of dinner parties with faculty and students every night, followed by bar trips and/or parties. I interviewed with 4 professors for 30 minutes each on the actual interview day, and all interviews were conversational. They asked about my own undergraduate research, my interests, and why I wanted to go to graduate school. I asked about their research, and listened for the remaining time as they regaled me with their scientific knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to design an experiment for a project I was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. Take it or leave it. This school has a very competitive stipend.