University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
www.umdnj.edu Newark, NJ 5000+ Employees

University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

User Support Specialist Interview

User Support Specialist
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.

Interview Details – It's pretty straightforward if not the same as any other companies. They call you for an interview. They ask a series of scripted questions and then you wait. My interview was relatively easy, I spoke to the hiring manager and spoke to the Director the same day. UMDNJ has many managers so you might have to go through a series of interviews if they really like you. But 2 months later, I got the call and got hired. Nowadays, it's a lot quicker. You apply online. If HR approves of your applications, they get sent electronically to the hiring manager. Everything is done electronically, including the scheduling of interview and hiring. These are all done through e-mail.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Research Teaching Specialist IV Interview

Research Teaching Specialist IV
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in June 2009.

Interview Details – Foreign PI. Brief conversation, a boilerplate description of the job. Entire lab is Japanese. Language was always an issue. "Are you allergic to mice?" No? Four hours later, hired.

Interview Question – Are you allergic to mice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation in the State of New Jersey

Very Difficult Interview

Director Interview

Director
Stratford, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in July 2008.

Interview Details – Intense interview process for this particular position.

Interview Question – What do you know about X (some obscure reference to an issue in the field of learning support)   View Answer

Data Processing Interview

Data Processing

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in January 2009.

Interview Details – i sat in for a in person interview with the boss it lasted around 30 minutes

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negoatiation hey have set pay rtes

Project Manager I Interview

Project Manager I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in January 2009.

Interview Details – HR asked the availability for Interview with Associate Dean and IT Director, over phone.
On the interview day, the interview lasted for an hour plus. subsequently, Associate Dean asked for sample work, which was submitted on line.
Job offered after an week.
HR was not involved in the actual interview, however they did the documentation, orientation and tracked the individual records etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No trick, be honest and true.

Research Teaching Specialist Interview

Research Teaching Specialist

The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had was interviewed three times before finally getting the offer letter from the HR department.
First Interview was with the Principal Investigator - He explained me the whole study and what my role would be and asked few questions related to my educational background and skillset.
Second and Third interview was mainly personality test and meeting the other team members.

Interview Question – What are your positive and negative points?/   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Physician Interview

Physician

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in February 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview

Interview Question – why do you think you can handle urban setting?   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT

Interview Details – The interview was fairly simple. They wanted to know about my experience and educational background. Didn't ask any technical questions but did was but did want to knowabout my experience in the healthcare industry

Interview Question – What is your experience working with people in the medical field?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey employees and interview candidates.