University of Memphis Interview Questions in Tennessee

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Memphis in January 2014.

Initial requirements: You MUST BE A CURRENTLY ENROLLED PART-TIME STUDENT WITH THE UNIVERSITY. Hours you have to be enrolled in differ depending on if you're an undergraduate or graduate, and if you're an international student.

It's a group interview. A lot of what they ask you to demonstrate are done through the University's eLearning system. They give you three questions and you'll need to answer one of them in an essay style format. They will also ask you to stand and give a 1-minute presentation of you; what you study, what activities you do at the University, and why you're applying. They will also administer a typing test. You have to score 40 WPM or more in order to continue.

At that point, you're given a 30 minute break, during which they will decide who to keep for the last part of the interview.

Since this is a position that requires some knowledge of IT, they may ask you how to handle a client whose computer is infected with a virus, or the basic steps of walking a client through resetting their UM password. This is done during the second half. After this traditional interview process, you'll be in a classroom with everyone and the leadership coordinator while three other members of the team decide who to hire. The coordinator will encourage everyone to ask any questions and will occasionally give his experiences as well as the experiences of his co workers when he sees fit.

If you're hired you'll be taken to the Service Desk to fill in the usual paperwork in addition to Direct Deposit forms and an NDA. This takes about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • "Did you leave your previous position on a good note?"   Answer Question
    Minimum wage flat. No if ands or buts.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Memphis in August 2013.

I am International Student. I got admitted in the Graduate school for Masters Degree in Computer Science, University of memphis for Fall 2013. I had Applied for the Graduate Assistant Position in the August. I got the Assistant ship in the last week of August. There was no Interview for this postion.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Memphis in April 2013.

Submitted an application online. About two weeks later I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. They told me they would be in touch in a week or so. About a week later I was offered a final interview and flown to Memphis and put up in the campus Holiday Inn. The final interview was a full-day affair, I met with like 5 different people.

Interview Questions
    • It was all pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary for an administrator.   Answer Question
    No negotiation-take it or leave it. HR gets very pushy if you ask for some time to consider the offer and are very unhelpful with providing further information.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Memphis in October 2009.

Initially submitted an application for a different position but was contacted by the Supervisor and encouraged to apply for the Recruitment Coordinator position instead. I submitted by resume, cover letter, and references. Within two weeks I was contacted to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate my salary. I wish that I had been able to.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Memphis in January 2009.

Questions they will ask:
    How have you taken a difficult situation and turned it into something else. What was the outcome?
    Do you work better in teams or as an individual?
    What is your strength? Weakness?

Interview Questions
    • IF you could be any animal what would that animal be?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was told to keep my graduate assistance, I had to take 12 hours, work 20 hours, and had to be able to keep a 3.0. My stipend is $1000 a month, but after tax is only $900.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Memphis in September 2008.

sat in a one on one interview.

no real negotiations.