University of Miami

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisor Interview

Advisor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Miami in August 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted directly by the Hiring Manager for an interview the following day. The next day I waited for about 15 minutes to be called in. The receptionist was extremely personable and friendly. After I was called in and given a brief introduction to the panel, the interview basically consisted of me talking about my experience. I believe I asked more questions than the panel.
Afterward, the Hiring Manager said they would get back to me within approximately a week. I heard nothing back until I made a follow-up call two weeks after the initial interview. The response was not a phone call, but in an e-mail stating that the "position has been filled".
Although I did not have a Master's at the time (i.e. a preferred qualification), I was more than qualified for the position based on my background. It seems if one doesn't possess the minimum "preferred" qualifications you will not get the position.

Interview Question – Tell us about your work experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Miami

Worked for University of Miami? Contribute to the Community!