University of Miami Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.5

Sports Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Miami.

Informal but very open. The woman who interviewed me for the internship was a senior so it was definitely easier to talk to her about myself. Basically talked about my availability and my general background and interests.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Miami.

4 people sit in a semicircle and they ask you relevant questions relating to ESL and other lessons you might be asked to teach. They were very professional in the way they conducted the interview.

Facilities Manager Interview

After a month and a half, I received a phone call concerning a position that I had applied for to manage facilities at the Miller campus. After completing the phone interview, which was fairly simple, I was told to wait for a follow-up interview. At this point, I am still awaiting that follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • How did you diffuse a heated conflict between two parties?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Miami in July 2014.

Received e-mail requesting phone interview from future supervisor. Replied with available time and conducted phone interview on agreed time. Phone interview was layed back. Most questions were asking about experience with technology listed in job description.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami.

I was invited to apply for my present position by members of the faculty. I interviewed early, and was hired during the first semester. A very straightforward interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any unexpected questions. I was asked about my research, and my areas of teaching expertise.   Answer Question
    Was offered a tenure-track associate professor position.

Student Work Study Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Miami.

I applied through the school website and went for an interview. The office manager read over my resume and asked me basic questions about my work ethic and whatnot. It was a pretty straightforward process.

Interview Questions
    • What makes me stand out from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

Ambassador Interview

Postdoctoral Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Miami in April 2014.

Submit application online, wait one week, HR contact me for basic information and send me a link to complete formal application. another week later I was contacted to interview the boss

Scientist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview and hiring process were great. HR people were very helpful.

PhD Student Interview

A lot of paper work. There is no real interview, it's all about the grade and the motivation. My advice is know the teacher first hand and to ask him about position at least 6month before you intention of starting the program.

Interview Questions
    Salary is the same for all University of Miami PhD students (Some variation by departments).