University of Miami

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Interview

Postdoctoral

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submit application online, wait one week, HR contact me for basic information and send me a link to complete formal application. another week later I was contacted to interview the boss

Patient Access Representative Interview

Patient Access Representative
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in July 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online you will receive a call from one of the Supervisors for a interview, you will have 2 of this interviews, remember to dress to impress, this interviews are relatively easy, most of the questions are I about how you would approach different situations related with patient and customer service, by the way, if you have customer service experience is a plus and if you are bilingual you will have a better opportunity to be hire.

Interview Question – Question: why should I hire you?
* remember, do not oversell you image!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You get an offer on the second interview, you either accepted and have a job or denied and you will keep looking for a job.

Associate Professor Interview

Associate Professor
Coral Gables, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview Details – I was invited to apply for my present position by members of the faculty. I interviewed early, and was hired during the first semester. A very straightforward interview process.

Interview Question – I do not remember any unexpected questions. I was asked about my research, and my areas of teaching expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered a tenure-track associate professor position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Post Doctoral Associate Interview

Post Doctoral Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in September 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted the application and within two days, i received an email, asking to set up a call, from one of the Co-PIs on the project. The first call was somewhat informational, telling me more about the position and what the expectations were. The second call was more of the interview from the other PI. Basically they were trying to make sure that i was a good fit for the project, that i was able to work independently and get things done in a timely manner.

Interview Question – I do not think any questions were unexpected, the questions were very straight forward and all related to the research project or previous research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate in terms of moving expenses, otherwise the rate of pay was already set.

Student Work Study Interview

Student Work Study

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview Details – I applied through the school website and went for an interview. The office manager read over my resume and asked me basic questions about my work ethic and whatnot. It was a pretty straightforward process.

Interview Question – What makes me stand out from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Miami in May 2013.

Interview Details – apply on line 6 14 months until i was called back, phone interview after that face to face interview with 2 people smile questioning, like what type of experience do you have etc. etc called back 1 month afer because they lost my contact info, so they told me after i email them on 5 different occasions. getting worst than the last time that i have worked for them.

Interview Question – NONE basic simple questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for this position simple as this: this is what we offering you take it or leave it

Ambassador Interview

Ambassador

Interviewed at University of Miami

Interview Details – Easy

Interview Question – How do you plan to help in recruiting students?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Scientist

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process were great. HR people were very helpful.

Interview Question – How much do you make in your current position?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

Interviewed at University of Miami

Interview Details – A lot of paper work. There is no real interview, it's all about the grade and the motivation. My advice is know the teacher first hand and to ask him about position at least 6month before you intention of starting the program.

Interview Question – Do you have a source of funding ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is the same for all University of Miami PhD students (Some variation by departments).

Librarian Interview

Librarian
Coral Gables, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview Details – The staff members were very welcoming. They made the interview process smooth and positive. Encouraged the interviewee to ask questions about the work environment. There was ample break between the different meetings throughout the interview day. HR manager communicated information about benefits clearly.

Interview Question – None that I can remember. :-)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Miami

Worked for University of Miami? Contribute to the Community!