University of Miami

2.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Miami in July 2014.

Received e-mail requesting phone interview from future supervisor. Replied with available time and conducted phone interview on agreed time. Phone interview was layed back. Most questions were asking about experience with technology listed in job description.

Manager, Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Miami in September 2013.

Unlike many academic employers, this opening had a very straight forward and apolitical tone. The managers knew exactly what they were looking for and had a sense of expediency and immediacy. The employment process for this position was designed to fulfill a well defined need within a reasonable timeframe. If the employment experience is as good as the interview setting this is a very good place to work.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. The interviewers were not playing mind games. They were straight forward "give me the facts, reasons and results" oriented.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Miami in May 2013.

apply on line 6 14 months until i was called back, phone interview after that face to face interview with 2 people smile questioning, like what type of experience do you have etc. etc called back 1 month afer because they lost my contact info, so they told me after i email them on 5 different occasions. getting worst than the last time that i have worked for them.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for this position simple as this: this is what we offering you take it or leave it

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami.

I had three interviews in one day with the Director of Human Resources, Manager and supervisor.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami in September 2012.

Five different interviews at various levels. 4 phone interviews before face to face. Process took several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think you will remain with us?   View Answer
    Yes. The salary offered was very low, but was able to get it to a reasonable number.

Post Doctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Miami in September 2012.

I submitted the application and within two days, i received an email, asking to set up a call, from one of the Co-PIs on the project. The first call was somewhat informational, telling me more about the position and what the expectations were. The second call was more of the interview from the other PI. Basically they were trying to make sure that i was a good fit for the project, that i was able to work independently and get things done in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think any questions were unexpected, the questions were very straight forward and all related to the research project or previous research.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate in terms of moving expenses, otherwise the rate of pay was already set.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami in April 2012.

I got interview through reference. CCS of University of Miami was working on the same research as I was working on, semantic enabled search system.

Interview Questions
    • questions were mostly on basic java and data structure, Few questions about algorithm writing and semantic systems   View Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Miami in March 2012.

Applied online and waiting for interview. Initial interview with division manager to select the best candidate from the pool of applications to the final interview with the chairman of the division. Unfortunately, the position was freezed given the financial situation the university is in.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Miami in March 2011.

Very long

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to leave your present job and work for the university   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Miami in July 2010.

After applying online you will receive a call from one of the Supervisors for a interview, you will have 2 of this interviews, remember to dress to impress, this interviews are relatively easy, most of the questions are I about how you would approach different situations related with patient and customer service, by the way, if you have customer service experience is a plus and if you are bilingual you will have a better opportunity to be hire.

Interview Questions
    • Question: why should I hire you?
      * remember, do not oversell you image!
        Answer Question
    You get an offer on the second interview, you either accepted and have a job or denied and you will keep looking for a job.