University of Miami

Relevance Date Difficulty

Patient Access Representative Interview

Patient Access Representative
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in July 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online you will receive a call from one of the Supervisors for a interview, you will have 2 of this interviews, remember to dress to impress, this interviews are relatively easy, most of the questions are I about how you would approach different situations related with patient and customer service, by the way, if you have customer service experience is a plus and if you are bilingual you will have a better opportunity to be hire.

Interview Question – Question: why should I hire you?
* remember, do not oversell you image!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You get an offer on the second interview, you either accepted and have a job or denied and you will keep looking for a job.

Post Doctoral Associate Interview

Post Doctoral Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in September 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted the application and within two days, i received an email, asking to set up a call, from one of the Co-PIs on the project. The first call was somewhat informational, telling me more about the position and what the expectations were. The second call was more of the interview from the other PI. Basically they were trying to make sure that i was a good fit for the project, that i was able to work independently and get things done in a timely manner.

Interview Question – I do not think any questions were unexpected, the questions were very straight forward and all related to the research project or previous research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate in terms of moving expenses, otherwise the rate of pay was already set.

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Miami in May 2013.

Interview Details – apply on line 6 14 months until i was called back, phone interview after that face to face interview with 2 people smile questioning, like what type of experience do you have etc. etc called back 1 month afer because they lost my contact info, so they told me after i email them on 5 different occasions. getting worst than the last time that i have worked for them.

Interview Question – NONE basic simple questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for this position simple as this: this is what we offering you take it or leave it

Manager, Benefits Interview

Manager, Benefits
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Miami in September 2013.

Interview Details – Unlike many academic employers, this opening had a very straight forward and apolitical tone. The managers knew exactly what they were looking for and had a sense of expediency and immediacy. The employment process for this position was designed to fulfill a well defined need within a reasonable timeframe. If the employment experience is as good as the interview setting this is a very good place to work.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. The interviewers were not playing mind games. They were straight forward "give me the facts, reasons and results" oriented.   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Research Manager
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in September 2012.

Interview Details – Five different interviews at various levels. 4 phone interviews before face to face. Process took several weeks.

Interview Question – How long do you think you will remain with us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes. The salary offered was very low, but was able to get it to a reasonable number.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Miami.

Interview Details – I had three interviews in one day with the Director of Human Resources, Manager and supervisor.

Interview Question – Tell me something that you created on your last job   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at University of Miami in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very long

Interview Question – Why would you like to leave your present job and work for the university   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got interview through reference. CCS of University of Miami was working on the same research as I was working on, semantic enabled search system.

Interview Question – questions were mostly on basic java and data structure, Few questions about algorithm writing and semantic systems   View Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Miami in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and waiting for interview. Initial interview with division manager to select the best candidate from the pool of applications to the final interview with the chairman of the division. Unfortunately, the position was freezed given the financial situation the university is in.

Interview Questions

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Miami in May 2010.

Interview Details – Slow progress. Hostile crowd. Nice accomodation. Low salary range. HR has too much influence. Wanted and was able to move but UM was not competetive.

Interview Question – Are you able to work on various projects of other researchers and not your own - since its a service position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary range

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Miami? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Miami interview questions and advice in Miami, FL. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Miami employees and interview candidates.