University of Miami Interview Questions in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.5

Senior Insurance Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

non-professional phone call. Why non professional, since I asked "is it for this blank position" and he/she stated "will see". None of the questions dealt with insurance, it was more of behavior 75% and standard 25 %. 3 person panel and only one did the questioning..It looked like the person interrogating me was practicing, since he read all the question. He did very well explaining what they do in that particular center. But I could not get a conversation in.

Assistant Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online for Assistant Development Director with the College of Arts and Sciences. I had a phone interview and it went really well. I am an out of state applicant and therefore I was told that I would probably receive a second interview via Skype. I sent follow up communication and never received any kind of reply. Never was told if the position had been filled or anything. I don't expect communication in general. However, after you interview, I do feel that a follow up email through HR should be sent to tell you that you are no longer in consideration. I had the direct email of the department director and she never bothered to reply. I was really surprised too because it seemed that we had a lot of things in common and it was a great phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• We discussed the similarities we had transitioning from sales to development.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL).

Interview

4 people sit in a semicircle and they ask you relevant questions relating to ESL and other lessons you might be asked to teach. They were very professional in the way they conducted the interview.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Very basic questions, nothing out of this world. Just google most common interview questions, and thats exactly what they will ask. It is just a student job after all, they are not looking for anything in specific mostly just someone that will show up to occasionally answer a phone and make some copies.

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Received e-mail requesting phone interview from future supervisor. Replied with available time and conducted phone interview on agreed time. Phone interview was layed back. Most questions were asking about experience with technology listed in job description.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL).

Interview

I was invited to apply for my present position by members of the faculty. I interviewed early, and was hired during the first semester. A very straightforward interview process.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any unexpected questions. I was asked about my research, and my areas of teaching expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was offered a tenure-track associate professor position.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL).

Interview

The staff members were very welcoming. They made the interview process smooth and positive. Encouraged the interviewee to ask questions about the work environment. There was ample break between the different meetings throughout the interview day. HR manager communicated information about benefits clearly.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview then was called in for 3 hours of interviewing with 3 different people. A week or so after that I was called into meet with the Dean of Undergraduate Education. I was offered the job a week later via phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was done.

Manager, Benefits Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Unlike many academic employers, this opening had a very straight forward and apolitical tone. The managers knew exactly what they were looking for and had a sense of expediency and immediacy. The employment process for this position was designed to fulfill a well defined need within a reasonable timeframe. If the employment experience is as good as the interview setting this is a very good place to work.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. The interviewers were not playing mind games. They were straight forward "give me the facts, reasons and results" oriented.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Miami (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

apply on line 6 14 months until i was called back, phone interview after that face to face interview with 2 people smile questioning, like what type of experience do you have etc. etc called back 1 month afer because they lost my contact info, so they told me after i email them on 5 different occasions. getting worst than the last time that i have worked for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation for this position simple as this: this is what we offering you take it or leave it