University of Miami

2.6

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Miami.

4 people sit in a semicircle and they ask you relevant questions relating to ESL and other lessons you might be asked to teach. They were very professional in the way they conducted the interview.

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at University of Miami in July 2014.

Received e-mail requesting phone interview from future supervisor. Replied with available time and conducted phone interview on agreed time. Phone interview was layed back. Most questions were asking about experience with technology listed in job description.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami.

I was invited to apply for my present position by members of the faculty. I interviewed early, and was hired during the first semester. A very straightforward interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any unexpected questions. I was asked about my research, and my areas of teaching expertise.   Answer Question
    Was offered a tenure-track associate professor position.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Miami.

The staff members were very welcoming. They made the interview process smooth and positive. Encouraged the interviewee to ask questions about the work environment. There was ample break between the different meetings throughout the interview day. HR manager communicated information about benefits clearly.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Miami in October 2013.

I had a brief phone interview then was called in for 3 hours of interviewing with 3 different people. A week or so after that I was called into meet with the Dean of Undergraduate Education. I was offered the job a week later via phone.

No negotiation was done.

Manager, Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Miami in September 2013.

Unlike many academic employers, this opening had a very straight forward and apolitical tone. The managers knew exactly what they were looking for and had a sense of expediency and immediacy. The employment process for this position was designed to fulfill a well defined need within a reasonable timeframe. If the employment experience is as good as the interview setting this is a very good place to work.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. The interviewers were not playing mind games. They were straight forward "give me the facts, reasons and results" oriented.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Miami in May 2013.

apply on line 6 14 months until i was called back, phone interview after that face to face interview with 2 people smile questioning, like what type of experience do you have etc. etc called back 1 month afer because they lost my contact info, so they told me after i email them on 5 different occasions. getting worst than the last time that i have worked for them.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for this position simple as this: this is what we offering you take it or leave it

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami.

I had three interviews in one day with the Director of Human Resources, Manager and supervisor.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Miami in September 2012.

Five different interviews at various levels. 4 phone interviews before face to face. Process took several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think you will remain with us?   View Answer
    Yes. The salary offered was very low, but was able to get it to a reasonable number.

Post Doctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Miami in September 2012.

I submitted the application and within two days, i received an email, asking to set up a call, from one of the Co-PIs on the project. The first call was somewhat informational, telling me more about the position and what the expectations were. The second call was more of the interview from the other PI. Basically they were trying to make sure that i was a good fit for the project, that i was able to work independently and get things done in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think any questions were unexpected, the questions were very straight forward and all related to the research project or previous research.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate in terms of moving expenses, otherwise the rate of pay was already set.