University of Miami

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at University of Miami in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was a graduate student and was offered a position before graduation. I interviewed with new boss and I liked the group, so I joined 6 months later. The interview was very easy. It was more geared towards my future than to the actual job description

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 yrs?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in November 2009.

Interview Details – My PhD thesis advisor was looking for a postdoc. So I just applied to upgrade my salary from graduate student stipend to postdoc salary.

Interview Question – What would you like to accomplish during your postdoctoral experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just NIH minimum.

Coral Gables, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Miami in September 2009.

Interview Details – For the Postdoctoral Associate position with the Department of Mathematics, the procedure is quite standard. Phone interview with technical questions related to the intended area of research. Period.

Interview Question – Technical question about partial differential equations, about regularity of boundary conditions for spatial diffusion   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. This type of positions have a standard salary, with standard responsibilities.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Miami

Worked for University of Miami? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Miami Postdoctoral Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Miami employees and interview candidates.