University of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.6

Marketing/Graphic Design Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Michigan.

Applied early online and was called about 30 minutes later to meet in person. When I came to town about a month later, we looked over my portfolio, got the lowdown on the internship, and was offered the position. Very friendly and relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • How does your work as a student translate to the work you want to do with us?   Answer Question

Student Affairs Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Michigan.

Three interviews, kind people, competitive! 200+ candidates.

Not really. HR where I was - School of Public Health - incredible difficult to work with.

West Quad Housing: Student Secretary Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Michigan.

I applied through the University of Michigan's very simple and easy-to-use Student Employment website. About a week after I submitted, I received an email inviting me to an interview on site and checking if I was okay to work certain days and times of the week. I took this as a positive sign, and sure enough, the interview was very straightforward; I think they were just looking to hire people right away, and they anticipated that for many students, this would be their first job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge you expect to face in this job, and how will you overcome it?   Answer Question

I was offered another better-paid job in a different university department about the same time.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Michigan.

Patient scenario question. Goals. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Difficult patient interaction.

Interview Questions
    Set salary dependent on years of experience

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Michigan.

One phone tech interview

Web Designer Interview

it was easier than expected. People are nice, they first introduced me themselves, and their projects. they did not proactively asked me to show them what i did. but i said i will show them.

Applications Programmer/Analyst Intermediate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at University of Michigan in March 2014.

Initial contact within 2 weeks of applying for the job. First interview via phone, second and third via videoconference. I was an out of state candidate and I think the second and/or third could have been onsite for local, in-state candidates. The interview chair kept me up-to-date on the various stages of the interview. All three stages of the interview were complete within 2 weeks and a decision made witihin a further two weeks for a total of 1 month since initial contact. Overall, very pleasant experience interviewing with UMich.

Trainer Interview

Phone interview, then group interview with training manager. Group interview was easy presentation on any topic of your choice. Hiring process was long it took almost 3 months to complete as they are a bit unorganized at time on the project.

OUD, Prospect Development and Analytics - Analyst Interview

Round 1:
    Individual interview:
    Few common behavioral questions such as why D-SIP, what is the most interesting job you have ever done etc

Group discussion:
    Read an article about philanthropy and voice out your opinion in a group discussion.

Get selected for round 2 but have not yet attended the interview.

Intermediate Programmer Interview

They were in a hurry, because no one can work on the grant, so there was no medical exam, no signature of anything, and I am in.

They said green card will be very easy for University, I thought it's true, but it's not.