University of Minnesota Adjunct Professor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2014
Updated Apr 27, 2014

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Adjunct Professor Interview

I was a Masters student when I was asked to apply for an adjunct assistant professor position. I think I was in the right place at the right time because someone else had just given their notice. I was offered the position before it was posted online. It was opened, I applied and the posting was closed.

Not much to negotiate in my department. Everyone who is adjunct makes the same salary. Perks are in the form of lighter teaching loads or release time.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Minnesota

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Minnesota.

The only way to submit your resume is on-line. However, it helps to have knowledge from the various departments one is interested in working in. I volunteered for many years in various capacities in order to be known before I interviewed for my position. It's a fast process once you are accepted. Renewal contract every year can be stressful.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in the pursuit of your doctorate degree?   Answer Question
    No, it's a contract and there is no ability for negotiation.

Worked for University of Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!