University of Minnesota Adjunct Professor Interview Questions

Adjunct Professor Interview

Interview

I was a Masters student when I was asked to apply for an adjunct assistant professor position. I think I was in the right place at the right time because someone else had just given their notice. I was offered the position before it was posted online. It was opened, I applied and the posting was closed.

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate in my department. Everyone who is adjunct makes the same salary. Perks are in the form of lighter teaching loads or release time.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Minnesota

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The only way to submit your resume is on-line. However, it helps to have knowledge from the various departments one is interested in working in. I volunteered for many years in various capacities in order to be known before I interviewed for my position. It's a fast process once you are accepted. Renewal contract every year can be stressful.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in the pursuit of your doctorate degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, it's a contract and there is no ability for negotiation.