University of Minnesota

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

I applied online and got the offer online and also through mail.
    Requirements for applicants can be found in each department admission office.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all of the requirements for graduate applications were normal.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

Long interview to meet the members of the lab and tour the facility lasting around 2 hours. Able to see many hands on activities to gauge reaction and interest. Important to work well with the team and ask questions.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

Saw the posting online, applied through umn portal. Emailed the prof mentioned in umn portal. Got a reply within a week, then a phone call was set up. The next week a meeting was set up and withing 4 days, they gave me the offer.

Marketing Intern Interview

Online application, followed by in-person interview

Teaching Assistant Interview

Simply fill out a form of your preference for application. Soon or later when positions are available, you will be contacted and asked if you are still interested in being a TA. The position of which course is highly based on your course grade.

Interview Questions
    • What is a transistor and how it works? (for semiconductor course)   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

First an application comparable to other graduate engineering programs. No further feedback until acceptance. Then prospective weekend (fun, boozy).

Interview Questions
    • Resume-based questions from a few profs when most were courting you.   Answer Question
    Nonexistent.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

Met with the Graduate Program Director. Asked questions on motivation behind pursuing graduate studies.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

Applied to program and selected based on undergraduate academic record

None

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Hiring process was quick and easy. Be sure to show up on time, but not too early (10 minutes prior). Be prepared for any question asked, and in return be ready to ask a few of your own questions. Be engaged in the interview, show your interest in the company. Most importantly be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you and a co-worker had a disagreement. How did it end?   View Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

I was a Masters student when I was asked to apply for an adjunct assistant professor position. I think I was in the right place at the right time because someone else had just given their notice. I was offered the position before it was posted online. It was opened, I applied and the posting was closed.

Not much to negotiate in my department. Everyone who is adjunct makes the same salary. Perks are in the form of lighter teaching loads or release time.