University of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

TA - Urban Studies Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

There wasn't really an interview process - they were just looking for a qualified candidate who had taken the class before. You fill out an application and as long as you have a good relationship with the Department and/or the teacher in question, you stand a pretty good chance of getting the position. Talk about no stress.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken the class previously? What was your final grade?   1 Answer

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

First Interview The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job. More » Second Interview A second interview can be a more in-depth one-on-one interview with the person you originally interviewed with or it can be a day-long interview that includes meetings with company staff. You may meet with management, staff members, executives, and other company employees. More »

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

It took a couple weeks to hear from the hiring manager after I applied online. I was part of a group interview with 3-4 other students. Interview was very relaxed and easy. Stereotypical interview questions. The interview only involved around 5-7 questions since each person had to answer individually.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interview with principal investigator and professors funding the research. Typical interview, lasted one hour. Offer was made on the spot. I had to deliver two research presentations. One presentation was made to a group of professors and lab principal investigators. The second presentation was made to a group of graduate school students.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

45-Minute phone interview. The supervisor was very particular about what the job entailed and made it clear the kind of person she need; someone hardworking and with a good attitude. It was very important to her that the peoples hired where not in it only for the money.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Detroit, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Thorough, thoughtful, respectful, friendly and to the point. I interviewed with my direct supervisor initially, and then with two other program directors to determine if we were a good fit.

Junior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Very simple interview with the lab section head. The questions were very basic personality questions, and was followed by a tour of the lab. I was called within 3 days to inform me that I would be receiving an offer.

Student Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Really quick and painless interview. Went over why I was interested in the position, why I think they should hire me...etc. Interview took about half an hour, and later that day I received an offer.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

This was for the position to be the division administrator for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Applied online and got an interview. It was a panel interview with HR, current GI physician, two different administrators and the interview only lasted about an hour or so. I was told there are three rounds total. Second round is with more people and final round is with the department head. I didn't get invited to move forward. My experience is only with first round of interviews. The questions were all situation based. More on team building and very high emphasis on problem solving. All types of problems: people, technology, grant etc. be prepare to come in with examples of how you solve problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your grant experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult boss   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to mediate with direct reports (i.e. they were not getting a long)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you owned and accomplished well   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you implemented a system or process at a previous workplace.   Answer Question

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Brought directly in for an interview. Two interviewers. Just talked about myself and team situations. Asked about times I had to communicate effectively. I was also asked about how I deal with spare time when I would be on the job. It was very straight forward. No complicated questions were asked.