University of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

The job interview process is very smooth. This job involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews.They emailed me to have an interview with the manager. I did, and they told me result the next day.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Detroit, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Thorough, thoughtful, respectful, friendly and to the point. I interviewed with my direct supervisor initially, and then with two other program directors to determine if we were a good fit.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job online after seeing a paper posting in my research area. I talked with one of the interviewers prior to the actual interview in regards to what the job entailed and what their perspective of the job, the boss and the university was. I was notified that I was going to go through a personal interview about 6 weeks after applying for the job and received an offer about 4 weeks after that. The interview was a two person panel and they asked me questions about what I wanted out of this job and what I could provide for this research unit. There was nothing really difficult or unexpected about the questioning.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty straightforward in regards to the job expectations on my end and the employer's end, as well as what I wanted out of this job.   Answer Question

Visitor Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Online or in-person application, on-site interview.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Saw the posting online, applied through umn portal. Emailed the prof mentioned in umn portal. Got a reply within a week, then a phone call was set up. The next week a meeting was set up and withing 4 days, they gave me the offer.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The only way to submit your resume is on-line. However, it helps to have knowledge from the various departments one is interested in working in. I volunteered for many years in various capacities in order to be known before I interviewed for my position. It's a fast process once you are accepted. Renewal contract every year can be stressful.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in the pursuit of your doctorate degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, it's a contract and there is no ability for negotiation.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Long interview to meet the members of the lab and tour the facility lasting around 2 hours. Able to see many hands on activities to gauge reaction and interest. Important to work well with the team and ask questions.

Principal Secretary and Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

After applying on -line, I was contacted approximately 2 weeks later to schedule an interview . At my interview (friday). I was told that I would hear the following Mon/Tuesday if I would be called back for a second interview with director. Denial email sent 1.5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions... how do you resolve conflict, how do you prioritize work with upcoming deadlines... what would you do if you had 2 people come to you needing their work done at the same time....   Answer Question

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Brought directly in for an interview. Two interviewers. Just talked about myself and team situations. Asked about times I had to communicate effectively. I was also asked about how I deal with spare time when I would be on the job. It was very straight forward. No complicated questions were asked.

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview process went well overall. Please be prepared for both a behavioral and technical interview with specific questions on trends, university objectives, systems and previous expertise and knowledge. Know the organizational objectives, key players, structure and ask good questions. They have great opportunities across the organization.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of any unexpected questions during this interview.   Answer Question

The compensation was lower than last position within a large healthcare organization.