University of Minnesota

76 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in September 2011.

Interview Details – Long response wait time. Interview was simple.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Minnesota in August 2009.

Interview Details – We applied ath University's website, wait a couple months, got called for interview, waited 2 weeks, offer was made.

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as it was presented

Accounts Assistant Interview

Accounts Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Minnesota in May 2013.

Interview Details – The job interview process is very smooth. This job involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews.They emailed me to have an interview with the manager. I did, and they told me result the next day.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Minnesota in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process for the cashier position at the University of Minnesota- University Dining Services is fair and easy. To get the job, you have to be a student of the University, either part time of full time and then have good communications skills. Basic math skills are required too , for some positions.

Interview Question – background check   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Usher Interview

Usher
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Minnesota in March 2009.

Interview Details – My initial communication with the supervisors at Ted Mann Concert Hall was via email, and soon after I was invited to take a tour and have an informal interview. The House Managers were courteous and well-spoken, and were very direct. The interview was short, and I didn't have a clear idea of how they felt about me.

Interview Question – What do you feel has best prepared you to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in December 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied through the UMN employment site, which allows you to directly upload all your documents (CV, cover letter, etc.). Within several days I was emailed to set up an interview time. Several days later I had my interview on site and was then given a tour of our building. Within a week I was called with notification that I was given the position! Email communication was always very prompt.

Interview Question – As I was working in a department within the medical school, many questions involved patient privacy within clinical trials, familiarities with HIPPA guidelines, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at University of Minnesota

Interview Details – Online application, followed by in-person interview

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in January 2012.

Interview Details – There was one interview. Behavioral and resume review. Got back within 3 business days with an offer for the Project Management Assistant with Office of Information Technology

Interview Question – Do you use MS Word frequently?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Minnesota in January 2009.

Interview Details – Submit your application, wait for an email invitation from the head of the clinic. They will ask you to fly in for a full day interview, where you will interview with almost every one of the full-time faculty. If you've made it to this point, they are mostly just looking at if they can get along with you and if you have a sincere interest in working for the clinic.

Interview Question – What is your theoretical orientation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate, and I got the feeling that negotiating was not an option. The clinic does not have much income.

Principal Secretary and Office Specialist Interview

Principal Secretary and Office Specialist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Minnesota in February 2013.

Interview Details – After applying on -line, I was contacted approximately 2 weeks later to schedule an interview . At my interview (friday). I was told that I would hear the following Mon/Tuesday if I would be called back for a second interview with director. Denial email sent 1.5 weeks later.

Interview Question – Typical questions... how do you resolve conflict, how do you prioritize work with upcoming deadlines... what would you do if you had 2 people come to you needing their work done at the same time....   Answer Question